The importance of having the best camping light for tents:
Camping lanterns are an essential part of camping gear and equipment. The darkness of the night in the wilderness can make camping very tedious, scary, inhibiting and messy. It is important to accessorise with the best camping light for tents to overcome the darkness of the jungles and see through the darkness. Campers, hikers, backpackers, and any explorer should possess a quality camp lantern.
What is common among the best camping lights brands?
There are several good lanterns in the market today, which make camping a very comfortable experience. It is important to have good lighting whose intensity you can adjust as per your needs. The different categories of outdoor lighting are:
- Flashlights/ torchlights
- Headlamps and
- Camping lanterns.
The current best camping lights brands mostly come as battery-powered LED/ electric lights, solar power operated lamps and gas-powered lanterns. The electric lanterns are powered either by alkaline batteries or lithium batters or rechargeable batteries.
The most distinguishing yet common features of the best camping lights brands are:
- The output of light: Lumens or the output of light is adequate and can be comfortably adjusted. If you are looking to light a tent, an output of 100 lumens is good. While 200 lumens are good for a tent-site and 300+ may work well for lighting up a campsite.
- Batteries: Check for the batteries, their effectiveness and easy availability to ensure that they produce enough power to light up the lamp. The climate outdoors can affect the battery efficiency. Therefore, choose a model which works well in most weather conditions.
- Run time and durability of the lighting: The burn time or the duration of light that a camp lantern can provide is determined by the amount of fuel, the battery and efficiency in power consumption. It is always best to carry extra sets of batteries and fuel for emergency situations.
- Waterproofing: A camping lantern should hold well in tough, unpredictable weather conditions. The camp lanterns are ideally water and splash resistant.
- Safety and shock–resistance: The best camping lantern brands are usually made of unbreakable materials and therefore safe when children are around. The tough body is shock-resistant and can withstand any rough usage.
Choose a camp lantern after due consideration of the power source, the light output, the longevity of the lighting, the ease of packing and carrying, the flashlight mode etc.
The Best Camping Lantern available in UK
The best camping lantern UK available in the current market and on review in this article are:
- HeroBeam LED Lantern – 2016 COB Technology emits 300 Lumens!
- Suaoki LED camping Lantern Collapsible Solar Light Night Flashlight Rechargeable Power Bank with USB Port for Outdo.
- Beams MB480 UltraBright LED Camping Lantern with USB Charger for iPhone
- Lixada 60 LED Outdoor Indoor Camping Lamp with Lampshade Circle Tent White Light Campsite Hanging Lam.
- SUBOOS Ultimate Rechargeable LED Lantern and Power Bank.
- Duronic Hurricane 4 in 1 Rechargeable Wind-Up Dynamo Flashing Red LED, 10 LED Lantern & 3 LED Torch- USB Ch.
HeroBeam LED Lantern-2016 COB Technology emits 300 Lumens- A strong contender for the best camping lantern currently!
HeroBeam LED Lantern-2016 COB Technology emits 300 Lumens – Review
If you are looking for warm white light to lighten your camping adventures after the dark, then look no further HeroBeam LED Lantern is a worthy contender to consider. This is a camping lantern which comes with the latest LED technology with 3 48mm COB strips.
The light is super bright and has two times the brightness of the old technology 30 LED lanterns. This lamp is super shock-resistant and built to withstand use in the wilderness. The ABS body with no glass makes it withstand the unpredictable UK weather. It is waterproofed to meet the IpX4 standard.
The whole designing of the lamp is compact, collapsible, and lightweight to make it to fit neatly in a rucksack. The lantern is made of metallic graphite with chrome handles and comes in a neatly packed box.
The lamp needs AA batteries which are relatively inexpensive. The top section of the lamp lifts to reveal the light elements. The top must be pushed down again to deactivate the lamp. There is no fumbling for the switch in the dark.
- It is ideal for outdoor activities like camping, fishing, and hiking.
- The burn time of the lantern is long-lasting and less energy consuming.
- The body is shock-proof, weather-resistant, and water-proof.
- The batteries are inexpensive when compared to the other expensive maintenance models.
- The HeroBeam camp light with its 300 lumens light output is very bright and enough to light up a campsite.
- This camp lantern is easy to pack and unpack and carry in a rucksack.
- The AA batteries do not have a long life when compared to other long-running batteries. So, it is always better to take some spares with you.
Suaoki LED camping Lantern Collapsible Solar Light Night Flashlight Rechargeable Power Bank with USB – The best solar camping lantern:
Suaoki LED camping Lantern Collapsible Solar Light Night Flashlight Rechargeable Power Bank with USB – Review
This is an easy portable lantern which can be hung in a campsite or carried around in the darkness. It can be charged with solar power or rechargeable batteries and a USB charger. Therefore, it spells efficiency and convenience.
The light output is bright and can be adjusted to 3 modes which includes the low-brightness mode or night light, high-brightness or table-lamp mode and the flashlight brightness or SOS mode.
The Suaoki LED camping lantern comes with a silicone body and therefore unbreakable. It is a safe option with children around. This camp light comes with IPX4 grade waterproof feature.
- The lantern is easy to carry and can fit comfortably along with the other camping supplies.
- The two-way battery mode is very convenient. When there is not enough solar power, the rechargeable batteries work very well and vice versa.
- The body is unbreakable and safe to use in different weather and camping conditions.
- The adjustable light-intensity is a big plus.
- The two-way battery modes are tricky, because these lamps may not last long.
- This is an expensive product when compared to the other products in its price range which offer more features.
The best lightweight camping chair for the money -Mr. Beams MB480 UltraBright LED Camping Lantern with USB Charger for iPhone:
Mr. Beams MB480 UltraBright LED Camping Lantern with USB Charger for iPhone – Review
Camping lanterns are very convenient when they weigh less can be easily carried around. The Mr. Beams UltraBright LED lantern is a versatile accessory for a camping trip. It comes with a USB charger for iPhone, Mp3 Player, and any other USB device. The lamp gives around 30 hours of light and has an output of 260 lumens. The lantern needs 4D cell alkaline batteries and has a 360degree coverage area.
The lantern has a manual on/off switch and is versatile in its uses because of its weather-proof and shock-resistant nature.
- Beams emits soft white light for a very long period.
- The batteries can be replaced easily and work efficiently.
- The lantern has versatile uses and can come handy in any outdoor expedition.
- The body is compact and shock-proof and can be handled easily in any unexpected circumstances.
- The light output sometimes is less and could do with a little more brightness.
- There are loose connection complaints of the USB port.
The Lixada 60 LED Outdoor Indoor lamp, a strong choice for the best cheap camping lantern – review:
Lixada 60 LED Outdoor Indoor lamp – Review
With 60 bright white LEDs and a manual on/ off choice, the Lixada is the best cheap camping lantern offering great features for its budgeted price. The body is made of sturdy and shock-proof ABS material. The Lixada is compact and flexible and can be conveniently carried for any camping expedition.
The easy flexible handle ensures that it can be carried around, or easily hung from the ceiling of a tent. The lighting is taken care of by 3 AAA batteries, which gives light for up to 12-14 hours continuously. There are 3 light output modes, where the brightness can be adjusted as per the needs.
- The Lixada 60 is a good value-for-money product.
- The light adjustment is convenient and makes the lamp versatile in its use.
- It can be used for any outdoor activity like tent lighting, picnic, fishing, boating etc.
- The batteries are easily replaceable and inexpensive.
- The lantern is water-proof, shock-proof and weather-resistant.
- The burn time or run time is limited and needs continuous battery replacement.
- The lantern construction is of average quality and could do with improvements.
The SUBOOS Ultimate Rechargeable LED lantern and Power Bank – a perfect choice for best camping lantern rechargeable:
SUBOOS Ultimate Rechargeable LED lantern and Power Bank – Review
The smart collapsible design, dual power technology and 4 light modes are some of the best features that the SUBOOS LED lantern and power bank is an ideal choice for the best camping lantern rechargeable.
The lantern makes use of either 2 lithium-ion batteries or 3 AA alkaline batteries. These can light up the lamp as well give power to the USB port. There are 4 light modes regular bright, red, red strobe and super bright. The light output is about 185 lumens.
The smart collapsible design makes it very easy to carry in a backpack. The Powerbank feature ensures that the user is never left without light in the dark wilderness.
- It is resistant to water and can be subjected to rough use.
- It is a durable product and lightens up the surrounding areas for a long duration.
- The manual switch and the light adjustment give the SUBOOS a lot of flexibility.
- The lantern is compact and portable.
- The USB charger is not effective enough and just a cosmetic addition.
- The rechargeable batteries do not work as efficiently as promised.
The Duronic Hurricane 4 in 1 Rechargeable Wind-Up Dynamo Flashing Red LED, 10 LED Lantern & 3 LED Torch- USB – An ideal choice for electric camping lights:
Duronic Hurricane 4 in 1 Rechargeable Wind-Up Dynamo Flashing Red LED, 10 LED Lantern & 3 LED Torch- USB – Review
This electric camping light is a perfect accompaniment for camping. It is 4 in 1 and can be used as a camping lantern, torch, SOS red light and a charging function. The lantern runs for over two hours and in the torch mode has a run time of up to 5 hours.
The light powers from a USB charge and gets fully charged within 6 hours. It performs external charge functions like charging basic mobile phones (no smart phones), mp3 players etc.
The battery used is a 300mAh rechargeable battery. The handle is multi-positioning and allows flexibility in usage.
- This electric lantern is convenient to carry and versatile in its use.
- The body is sturdy and strong and can be subjected to rough and tough weather conditions.
- The in-built rechargeable battery may lose its power quickly and hence requires frequent recharging.
A general conclusion on the best camping lights reviews:
Camping is a cherished activity for all nature-enthusiasts. The relaxation offered by the beautiful outdoors is enhanced with the right equipment campers carry on all their outdoor exploration activities. The excitement of exploration and adventure and the feeling of accomplishment is enhanced if you have the right camping essentials to take care of your requirements.
The best camping lights reviews highlight the best features advantages and disadvantages of the best products. It is best to read thoroughly on the various camping lanterns available to be able to make an informed decision.