Tea or coffee is worth having only when it is piping hot. But what do you doout in the wilderness? Do not give up your hot beverage just make your own concoction to perfection and have it when you a flask of tea on your sojourns. To find out which is the best flask for tea UK you must first understand the process of selecting a good flask; what are the pitfalls to avoid and what are the must-have essentials. So to find out which is the best flask for tea, we have reviewed five products that stand apart from the crowd.
How to select the best flask for tea?
There are several brands and models in the market for thermos flasks but not all of them provide good insulation and keep the liquid hot for a prolonged period. Here are a few factors to keep in mind before purchasing a flask for tea.
- Material: Glass and steel are the common materials used; while there is no major difference in the performance, glass looks more attractive and provides you instant information on the quantity of liquid contained in it. On the other hand, steel is more durable and popular and economical. It is resistant to corrosion, is nontoxic and stable.
- Construction: The flask should be free of any defects, dents, uneven brims. Make sure that the stopper and the lid can be opened and closed with ease and theseal stays in place and is tight.
- Handles:This is a convenience feature and has nothing to do with the performance of the flask. Flasks with handle are easy to use but difficult to pack in backpacks and bags.
- Insulation: You can choose between vacuum insulation and foam insulation. In either case, the outside air is not allowed to contact the warm liquid inside. Most flasks use vacuum insulation.Flasks that are hot to touch indicate that there is arapid loss of heat and are of poor quality and hence can be avoided.
- Capacity: Depending on the purpose choose a size but remember that the flask will not be the exact quantity; a 10% discrepancy is acceptable.
- Drinking method: Flasks with a cap are more suitable for having tea on the move, as they serve as a cup. The only disadvantage is that they will drip once you are done.
- Pouring method: While flasks with snout pour well, they are not suited fortraveling. But they do ensure that you don’t burn your fingers.
- Cap and Lid:You must be able to open and close the cap and lid easily. Further, they must close tightly and not leak even when laid sideways.
- Easy maintenance:It is important that each and every part be cleaned thoroughly to prevent accumulation of bacteria and mold. Hence, the flask must have dismantlable parts that are easy to clean.
How to clean the thermos
Frequent use leads to the staining of the interior of the flask. It can be easily removed by using warm water and either a dishwashing liquid or tablet. Let the flask soak for a couple of hours. Rinse it thoroughly with cold water and dry thoroughly. Always remember to store with the stopper left open. For harder stains soak overnight. And as a general rule, always wash the flask before use to remove any residue odors.
Best way to make tea for a flask
It is common knowledge that tea from the flask tastes a little weird because when tea leaves soak for a long time in hot water they turn bitter making the tea awful. So to enjoy that perfect cuppa preheat the thermos by conditioning it with hot water for three minutes. On the other hand, prepare tea in another container with the tea leaves to water proportion been 0.5 g of tea for every 100 ml water.
Review of the five products
The best flask for tea UK – Thermos ThermoCafé Stainless Steel Flask, 1.0 L
Constructed by one of the leading names in the industry, Thermos, this ThermoCafe is a winner. It is virtually unbreakable having been made from the durable stainless steel. The flask keeps beverages hot for upto 8 hours and cold for a good 24 hours. The compact spill proof cup makes it a great companion on cold days. This model is available in several sizes, the largest being one liter.
The flask is small, compact in size
It is lightweight and easy to carry anywhere and everywhere
The twist and pour stopper is convenient to use and reduces the chances of accidental spills
It is reasonably priced
Easy to clean and maintains the taste of liquids
Available in varying sizes.
The lid is not easy to open if screwed tightly
Condensation forms on the inside of the cap
Does not have ahandle making it inconvenient to sip.
The best flask for keeping tea hot – King Do Way vacuum bootle
An eco-friendly flask, the KING DOcomes only in 500ml sizes but in vibrant colors. It is free of BPA making it safe for use. It is well insulated and keeps the beverages hot and cold for upto 6 hours. This easy to grip and easy to sip flask is scratch resistant and anti-skip in nature. You can sip refreshing ice-cold tea from the drip-free mouth.
Can drink any liquid straight from the flask.
Eco-friendly construction and lightweight in nature
Not made from stainless steel hence may rust
Not available in varying sizes
Not totally fingerprint free.
Best flask for keeping tea hot – ThermocafeHammertone Stainless Steel Flask
Classic elegant and durable are the words that define this flask which can be used every day without loss of efficiency. The hammer tone finish renders the piece more durability and makes it better to handle. It has a double wall vacuum insulation which keeps the flask cool to touch while retaining the temperature of the liquids within for a longer time in comparison to other models. The twist and pour cap ensures that you will never lose the cap.
Well-constructed and maintains the temperature of the liquid.
Inner and exterior steel makes it more durable
The flask is cool to touch
It is sweat proof
No need to remove the stopper to pour the liquid
Accompanying serving cup makes drinking tea convenient
The outer coating is slippery.
The leak-proof spill proof flask – Pioneer Vacuum Insulated Leak-ProofDrinkpod Capsule
One of the smallest flasks in the list, this Drinkpod from Pioneer is a delight to hold and use. Those who don’t like to store their beverages for long periods of time can check out this little thing that is so compact and lightweight that fits anywhere. Its size belies its ability to keep liquids hot for 6 hours and cold for 24 hours. You can choose from a wide variety of attractive colors in two sizes.
Compact and lightweight
Made from durable stainless steel
Lot of colors to choose from
Hot liquids retain heat for up to 6 hours while cold beverages remain cold for almost 24 hours
Can drink straight from the flask
100% leaf proof even when laid horizontally.
Small in size
Can’t be washed in the dishwasher.
We concur with the other best flasks for tea reviews that the obvious winner is Thermos ThermoCafé Stainless Steel Flask, 1.0 L. It is reasonably priced, lightweight and compact fitting in snugly into your bags and backpack. The construction is solid, the insulation long lasting and the twist and pour stopper perfect to use even on the go.