Why are the MSR tents any good for camping?
Your tent is your home in the wilderness. It is an important equipment needed for nature and adventure related activities like camping, hiking and trekking. Mountain Safety Research (MSR) camping gear has always been a popular choice for all backpacking and camping gear. Are the MSR tents any good for camping? Yes, they are lightweight yet reliable and efficient. They are a much sought-after camping gear by adventure and outdoor enthusiasts ranging from novice outdoor explorers to seasoned and experienced mountaineers.
The weather resistance power of MSR camping tents:
The foremost criterion for a good camping tent is its weather resistance capacity. Your tent should be able to protect you from uncomfortable and unpredictable weather conditions, because your tent is your home in the outdoors. The MSR camping tents are built with lightweight technology and designed to have good ventilation. These tents are rated among the best camping tents available in the market because they are deemed suitable for all weather conditions.
The MSR camping tents are built to withstand different weather conditions, be it biting chillness or strong windy conditions. They provide decently reliable and comfortable shelter against the unpredictable elements of nature. The MSR tents try to strike a balance between space and portability, comfort, and sustainability.
The fabrics and the floor of the tents are weather-resistant and have leak-proof seams. The zippers offer reliable protection and are long-lasting. The frame of the tents is designed to withstand strong winds and provide sturdy and easy anchorage.
On a scale of 0-5, the MSR camping tents score a 3.9star rating.
Are the MSR tent spares readily available and if so how reliable are they?
When you are out camping, it is sensible to equip yourself with some useful spares to be prepared for any climatic conditions. Tent spares like additional pegs, tent fabric repairs and patches, additional guy points and ropes, duct tapes, glue, extra tarps, a repair kit with bits and pieces of fly sheet, mesh, spare groundsheet etc., come handy in unforeseen circumstances.
MSR tent spares like the MSR footprints increase the durability of the tent floor. The tent spares like an insect mesh repair kit or pole repair splints and MSR groundhog stakes are very useful and reliable when unexpected damage occurs to the tent during a camping trip. The MSR tent spares are durable and come with a warranty. These spares are easily available at several online camping stores.
On a scale of 0-5, the MSR tent spares score a rating of 3.9.
The convenience that MSR tent accessories add to a camping trip:
Good tent accessories are useful to help you through any camping and adventure activity. The MSR tent accessories will help any camper, novice or experienced, to satisfy all their needs and allay doubts on a successful camp in the wild. The accessories have been designed to add comfort and endurability to the living space in a tent.
On a scale of 0-5, the MSR tent accessories score a 4.0 rating.
The general benefits and drawbacks of MSR mountain tentswill help you make an informed decision:
The MSR mountain tents could well be your best buy for your outdoor and mountaineering expeditions. These tents have always made it to the best and popular camping equipment reviews because of thoughtfully incorporated features and a wide range of products to suit every camping requirement. There are quite a few varieties of tents to choose from and the MSR mountain tents are known for their lightweight design technology.
The objective views on the pros of the MSR tents will point out why MSR tents are preferred mountaineering and camping equipment, whilealso pointing out their biggest cons as per the feedback of the customers.
The Pros of the MSR mountain tents:
- Comfortable and well ventilated:These mountain tents are very comfortable. Whatever the model, the common feature of all MSR mountain tents are spacious and well-ventilated.
- Sustainability:The tents have good quality weather proofing and therefore are resistant to all weather conditions. The tents are durable and reliable in rough weather.
- Easy to set-up and dismantle: The tents are easy to pitch and dismantle. It is easy to carry these packed tents in a backpack.
- Lightweight: The MSR mountain tents are lightweight yet sturdy. They are designed with lightweight technology.
- Range: The tents by Mountain Safety and Research come in various models to suit different requirements. They are convenient and reliable.
- Flimsy: The lightweight metal pegs look flimsy and raise doubts on their effectiveness when faced with heavy winds.
- Lack of accessories: Sometimes accessories like guy ropes and extra pegs are not provided. It is always best to check the contents of the package before you make the purchase.
- Doubts on durability: Because they are lightweight, the tents’ sustenance in difficult weather conditions is a little doubtful.
What do the MSR tents customer reviews say about the products?
The MSR tents customer reviews have been positive overall. The best aspects of the MSR tents is that they have a decent build quality in combination with lightweight construction that makes them an ideal choice for all backpacking adventures and mountaineering expeditions. Customers also recommend these tents to their friends and others on review sites. Though, some do complain about the lack of a few accessories like guy ropes and recommend dome upgradation in accessories like the groundhog stakes, footprints, and the like, the MSR tents are one among the best tent choices for all kinds of backpacking adventures.
The Best MSR tents UK
The MSR tents available in UK that are suitable for different people and different camping needs are listed below. The Mountain Safety and Research tents are designed for enhancing your protection and convenience while camping. The features have been thoughtfully incorporated in its various models to add comfort to the backpacker.
The MSR Elixir 2 as an ideal MSR 2persons tent:
MSR Elixir 2
The MSR 2persons tents is ideally suited for 2 people on a camping trip who wish to share a comfortable living space. The lightweight design of the MSR Elixir 2 combines space with durability. It comes with a footprint and therefore can easily withstand the elements.
- The nylon polyester fabric of this MSR 2persons tent is lightweight and of excellent quality and can resist bad weather.
- The setup and dismantling is simple.
- There is lot of ventilation.
- There are conveniently placed storage pockets that help in giving a spacious and organised feel to the tent.
- There is good enough headroom space.
- The ability to withstand strong gusty winds is less.
- Accessories like guy ropes are not provided.
- The metal pegs look flimsy. So, it may help to take some spares.
Is the MSR HubbaHubba NX a convenient choice as a MSR 3 man tent?
MSR Hubba Hubba NX
The MSR HubbaHubba NX has been a much sought-after choice since its introduction. This is an ideal choice for camping because it comes with sturdy yet lightweight synthetic fabrics and has some good design elements with convenient mini zippers. It is versatile in its use and scores highly on the weight and liveability factors. The space is so commodious in the MSR HubbaHubba NX that it easily fits the bill of MSR 3man tent.
- The MSR HubbaHubba NX can easily and quickly be pitched.
- It has a comfortable and spacious living area inside the tent.
- The tent when put up is well-ventilated and airy.
- There is decent headroom space for average to tall people.
- There are 2 doors which make for easy entrance or exit.
- The HubbaHubba may be a bit uncomfortable if you are of a heavy build.
- The sustainability of the MSR 3man tent under unpredictable rough wind conditions is doubtful.
- The quality of the MSR stakes has always been under fire. The stakes and guy lines could do with some quality upgrades.
- Useful accessories like guy ropes and extra pegs are not part of the standard packaging.
- May require frequent servicing and maintenance depending on the weather and treatment that it is subjected to.
The best option for an MSR 4 man tent is the MSR Papa Hubba NX:
MSR Papa Hubba NX
Are you looking for a good quality affordable tent that can easily accommodate a small family? If yes, then the MSR 4 man tent ie., the MSR Papa Hubba NX could be the right choice for you. The tent with its geometrical symmetry and a huge D-shaped entrance and a side entry comes in attractive colours, layout and design and an adjustable rainfly cover.
- This is a tent which has generous space and gives good headroom and elbow space as well.
- The Papa Hubba NX holds good even in a heavy downpour or lashing winds. It is a 3-season tent.
- The insides of the tent are well ventilated and airy.
- The nylon fabrics used in the tent is strong and tough.
- It is very easy to set-up or pack the tent.
- The tent despite its big size is easy to backpack and carry.
- The tent is versatile and adaptable in its design.
- The tent is ultralight, which raises doubt on its durability.
- It may not be comfortable if you are very tall and heavily built.
- The tent needs frequent maintenance checks.
The cheap MSR tents that are reliable and suitable for frequent and short backpacking stays:
MSR FAST STASH 2
The MSR Fast Stash tents weigh less and are easy to carry. They are suitable for short getaways and can accommodate 2 people. The Fast Stash tents are cheap MSR tents that are of good quality and ideally suited for those keen on setting up a base camp and carrying out day-long hiking trips to other nearby exotic natural locations.
- It is very easy to pitch and remove the tent.
- Although the Fast Stash looks small, the inside space is adequate for 2 people.
- The tent is ventilated and airy.
- It has an equipment storage area.
- Most ideally suited as a base camp tent.
- The floor space may be spacious, but the headroom space is less and can cause some discomfort.
- The MSR Fast Stash may not endure strong and heavy winds.
- The stakes look flimsy and it is essential to have some spares and useful accessories on hand.
- It is a one-door entrance and therefore the person sleeping in the rear may find it difficult to access the door.
A general conclusion on the MSR tents review:
The MSR tents review on the above-mentioned backpacking tents intends to highlight the uses, advantages, and drawbacks on some of the best MSR camping products. The MSR Elixir 2 is good for accommodating 2 persons and has received a positive response in the market. The MSR HubbaHubba NX is a very popular model known for its durability and lightweight. The Papa Hubba is best known for its all-weather suitability and the Fast Stash is best for short yet frequent backpacking adventures.
The most notable aspects of the MSR tents are that they are lightweight yet durable. They are versatile in design and easy to carry and pitch. They come in different models suited for different requirements. Therefore it is best to read MSR tent reviews and choose a tent that is most suitable for your needs.