Coleman sleeping bag – The oldest brand of sleeping bags for your coldest nights
People today are more inclined towards outdoor adventure and camping than ever before as we keep creating more and more concrete jungles. Sleeping bags are a very essential part of outdoor activities such as camping, hiking , backpacking and trekking.
A quality sleeping bag can make all the difference to a camper and buying one from a brand such as Coleman that is over a century old, is a smart way to ensure that you buy only the best gear.
The Coleman sleeping bag that you get today is a result of a century’s worth experience that the company has gained in the field of outdoor and recreational gear. It is not without a reason, why they are the bestsellers on stores such as Amazon. Read on as we elaborate about the capabilities of Coleman sleeping bags. In the end, we have also hand-picked and reviewed some of the best Coleman sleeping bags for you.
Why are Coleman Sleeping Bags UK different?
With their years of experience, the makers of the Coleman sleeping bags ensure that they employ technologies to keep you warm on a cold night. When you are away from home, comfort can be compromised, but with the Coleman sleeping bags UK, you will feel comfortable as they are designed to be spacious and fit people of all heights and sizes. Free yourself from crammed sleeping bags!
The micro Coletherm hollow fibre fill makes the sleeping bags high on insulation without making them heavy. They come with patented zippers that plow away fabric for a snag-free operation in the night. Another great feature of the Coleman sleeping bags are the comfort cuffs that are gentle on your face.
Roll your bags easily as they come with a roll control system that will keep your bag straight. As if that wasn’t enough to make your life easier, the Coleman range of bags also come with a quick cord, that can be used to roll and tie your bag without another person’s help.
Why do you need Coleman 1-4 season sleeping bag?
Camping and other outdoor fun does not always have to be a planned affair. After a week of slogging at work you might want to take off for a weekend getaway with family. You can choose from Coleman 1-4 season sleeping bag according to the seasons. The materials used in the bag all have been tested to accurately work in the temperature range suggested, so that you don’t end up with a bag that is too warm or too cold for your trip.
A three season temperature rating can work well to be used round the year. However, if you like to go out in the winter, one with a four season rating will be your best bet. No bad weather can stop you from getting out when you have a Coleman sleeping bag for the night.
The Coleman sleeping bags durability that stand the test of time
Coleman sleeping bags are made of good quality fabrics such as polyester and cotton for their outer shell. The Coleman sleeping bags durability is not compromised over comfort as the inside of the bag is also lined with quality cotton, fleece, flannel or polyester for a long-lasting performance.
They also come with good quality, snag-free zippers to give you peace of mind. On the whole, Coleman bags perform well season after season and last many years.
Why do Coleman sleeping bags UK sell like hot cakes?
The Coleman sleeping bags UK popularity is because it is inspired by outdoor activity enthusiasts and is aimed at making your time away from home more fun, safe and comfortable. They are also the only brand that create taller sleeping bags that fit heights up to 6’6″. With new innovations being added to their line of products every year, it is no wonder that they are popular in both UK and Ireland.
What does the Coleman sleeping bags customer review tell us?
The performance of Coleman sleeping bags will be quite evident when you read a Coleman sleeping bags customer review. Most reviews speak about how spacious these bags are and how comfortable their fabrics feel. They are great for round-the-year use and these bags have extremely satisfied customers due to their simple design, functionality and price point. Most Coleman sleeping bags on Amazon have a rating that is between 4 and 5 stars out of a possible 5.
Best Coleman Sleeping Bags UK
Nice And Warm Coleman Hudson Sleeping Bags
If you want a sleeping bag to take along on your family trips, then the Coleman Hudson 450 Sleeping Bag will give you all the comfort you need during a cold night. Coleman Hudson sleeping bags come with cooltherm insulation that uses hollow fibers for more loft and superior insulation but without the weight.
- Roomy – This is a spacious bag that is wide enough (90cm), especially for those who do not like the restricted movement inside a mummy-style sleeping bag.
- Comfortable – The hood with pillow pocket and the flannel inner lining adds to the overall warmth and comfort.
- Great price – The four season sleeping bag is a good buy you can get for under £50.
- Warm – Coletherm technology hollow fibres give the best warmth without the weight and also has high loft, improving the insulation.
- Not for all 4 seasons – The Hudson 450 does not perform well in extreme cold temperatures and hence should be treated as more of a 3 season bag and not four.
- Large packed size – The bag size can prove to be large even after it is packed into its stuff sack and hence may not be suitable for hiking or backpacking.
Dimensions : The dimensions of the sleeping bag are 235 x 90 cm and when packed in its stuff sack it reduces to 40 x 35 cm.
Customers who have used the Hudson 450 feel that it is a great sleeping bag that is ideal for trips with your family and keeps you really warm. It has very satisfied customers on Amazon with an overall star rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
The really tall Coleman big basin sleeping bag
Being tall should not stop you from having a good night’s sleep in your sleeping bag. That is why you need a Coleman big basin sleeping bag. Not only is it tall enough, it is also wide enough to fit people of various sizes. Pack one and go camping with your friends or even use them in caravans.
- Tall-friendly – This is one of those bags that is just perfect for tall people and easily accommodates heights up to 6’6″.
- Design – The large bag is designed to insulate well with its semi-sculpted hood, quilting construction and Thermolock draft tube along the zipper.
- Insulated foot box – The bottom is not only wide but also comes with a fleece-lined foot box to keep your feet toasty.
- Machine-friendly – Though the bag is fleece lined it is machine washable unlike other fleece-lined ones.
- Dry climate bag – The bag does not insulate well in humid weather conditions and hence is more of a dry weather bag.
- Not a 0 -20 degrees bag – Many users have found with use that the sleeping bag needs extra insulation inside if the outside temperature is in the 0 -20 degrees range.
Dimensions : The sleeping bag measures 234 x 99 cm and the packed size is 48 x 31 cm.
This sleeping bag is an absolute hit, especially with tall and large-sized campers. This is evident from the star rating given by customers on Amazon. It gets a good 4.8 stars out of 5.
Cozy up in a Coleman Pacific Sleeping Bag
The Coleman Pacific Sleeping Bag is your perfect companion on a cool night or to cozy up inside your caravan or can even become your duvet cover on your bed. Made with durable polyester, it can last many years of camping and is perfect for teenagers and adults alike. It’s inner flannel lining is soft and the bag has a pillow pocket for extra comfort.
- Spacious – The pacific sleeping bag is really large and gives you plenty of room to sleep without compromising on insulation.
- Design – The thermo collar and the comfort cuff are nice additions to keep you warm where you are exposed.
- Machine-friendly – The front and back halves of the bag can be completely taken apart for washing individually in your washing machine.
- Value for money – You get a durable bag with good insulation and a lot of great features for under £30.
- Temperature rating – Though the extreme temperature rating is -5 degrees C, the bag is better suited for cooler nights and not ideal for freezing temperatures.
Dimensions : The bag measures 205 x 85 cm and the packed size is 40 x 20 cm.
Many customers find this to be a great cool weather bag, instead of a winter bag. Nevertheless, it is loved by its users for its simplicity, price and effectiveness. It gets a 4.3 star rating out of 5 stars on Amazon.
The Comfortable Coleman Double Sleeping Bag for multi-purpose use
Unlike hikers and backpackers, car-campers and caravan-lovers can afford a really large sleeping bag to get a good night’s sleep. Rectangular sleeping bags such as a Coleman double sleeping bag are so versatile as they can be used as sleeping bags or even as duvets.
The Coleman range of double sleeping bags come in a variety of fabrics from plush cotton to soft flannel to polyester to suit different comfort requirements. They are great value for your money as you can get them for under £100.
All bags come with Coleman’s own Coletherm hollow fiber fill, which does its job of keeping you warm without making your bag heavy to lug around. The hollow fibers are also what account for the high loft feature of these bags.
For home-like comfort while trekking or camping out with family choose the Coleman Vail double sleeping bag that comes with a polycotton shell and cotton lining.
The Coleman Breckenridge double sleeping bag comes with a hood to keep you and your partner totally warm when you are out on your family break.
If superior comfort is your priority, then the flannel-lined Coleman Hudson double sleeping bag with hood combines the hood of a mummy bag and the space of a rectangular bag to give you the best of both worlds.
Cozy up with your partner on your summer trips with the Coleman Durango sleeping bag or for a more plush feel choose the fleece-lined Coleman Hampton sleeping bag.
Coleman Sleeping Bags Reviews – Summary
The Coleman sleeping bags come in such a wide variety of options that you will be spoilt for choice. The conqueror range of bags come in a unique zipper-free catenary opening design to keep zipper snags at bay.
The constellation range is ideal for those who love the feel of plush cotton while the camper range of Coleman bags is great for those who camp frequently with family. If you love the spacious rectangular bags that double as duvets, then the courtier range is for you. The contour range is for those who love comfort and style as they come with built-in pillows.
There is one for every pocket as you can choose a cellar sleeping bag worth very small or go for an ultra luxurious double sleeping bag such as the Coleman Hudson Double Sleeping bag which will cost you a very much.
As there are so many options to choose from you must read some good Coleman sleeping bags reviews and do your bit of research to find the right one for you. No matter which one you pick, you can be sure that you will love your nights when you are outdoors.