Just because you are spending your time outdoors, away from the luxuries of your home, doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice sleep. You don’t want to lose sleep because you slept on an uncomfortable and hard ground. Why do that when you can bring an air bed with you and sleep on something that feels like you are back home in the comforts of your own bed?
Let us help you find the best air bed that will work for your camping needs. From lightweight air beds to those that inflate in seconds, we made sure you have the best options, so you can choose well. Find out which air beds we recommend for your camping needs below.
Benefits of Having an Air Bed for Camping
If you don’t have a camping bed yet, consider choosing an air bed. Here are the benefits you can get:
Better Comfort and Quality of Sleep
You would be surprised at the wide array of air bed choices out there. Many promote superior and luxurious comfort as if you are truly sleeping on your own mattress at home. These beds ensure you are getting quality sleep even when you are outdoors. If you are going to spend a lot of time outdoors or a few days camping out, you need to make sure you will get good quality sleep. If you lose sleep, you might not enjoy camping out that much.
The comfort level can also be controlled. You can inflate the bed to the stiffness or softness you prefer.
It Provides Added Protection from the Ground
It prevents bugs from reaching you easily. Additionally, you won’t have to worry about the ground being too cold to sleep on. Some people only used sleeping mats but still felt cold because the temperature from the ground transferred to their mats. Air beds are capable of preventing a transfer of cold.
The Added Height of Air Beds Make It Easy to Get in and Out of It
It is as easy as getting in and out of your bed at home. These beds come with a substantial height, so you won’t find yourself struggling to get out of bed in the morning.
Air Beds are Easier to Bring
Compared to sleeping mats, these beds are easy to bring because they can simply be inflated and deflated using an automatic device. These come with a bag that you can use to stuff your bed in.
Air Beds are Versatile
When not being used as a camping bed, you can also use this as a spare bed in your home. If you have guests over, get the air bed out. It packs down to a small size as well, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to store.
An air bed just might be your best camping material purchase. It will keep you comfortable and well-rested when you are outdoors.
Best Air Bed Reviews for 2021
These are the air beds we recommend getting:
- Active Era Premium Air Bed with Built-in Electric Pump and Pillow
- Milestone Camping Single Flocked Airbed
- Coleman Comfort Airbed
- Campingaz Airbed Smart Quickbed
Let’s find out more about the features of these mattresses:
Going camping with your loved-one? Don’t go without this air bed. It is a feature-packed air bed that won’t disappoint. With 35 structured air coils inside, you can be assured that it won’t lose air overnight. It will hold up heavier loads well and won’t get punctured easily, thanks to its material that is puncture-resistant. It inflates to your level of firmness in just 3 minutes. No need to bring extra pillow because the bed already has a raised upper portion to provide ample support to your head and neck.
- This air bed is truly comfortable to use. The support and comfort it provides are unparalleled.
- The surface features a flock coating with waterproof features. You might not have to bring extra blankets when camping out.
- It is puncture-resistant, great for the harsh outdoor life.
- It inflates fast – just 3 minutes. You can even get your desired level of firmness.
- It doesn’t sag even under heavy weight.
- There is no need to bring an addition pump because it has already been built-in. There is also a built-in pillow.
- It comes with a premium price.
This inexpensive air bed is just what you should look for if you are on a tight budget. The flocked top is completely waterproof and it comes with nifty safety valve to prevent the mattress from losing air. When deflated and folded, it is small enough to fit inconspicuously in your camping luggage.
- Ideal for solo use. It is one of the cheapest options out there as well.
- This air bed has a surface that feels comfortable and boasts of waterproof functions. The surface also provides traction, to prevent your blanket or sleeping mat from slipping off.
- It inflates and deflates rapidly. It only has one minute of inflation time, depending on how firm you want it to be.
- This is quite the durable air bed. It features vinyl coil beam construction inside, which is what makes this hold up well against frequent use.
- It folds easily and doesn’t take up a lot of space. It is also very lightweight, making this easy to carry around for camping.
- If you get a defective product, the manufacturing company will repair or replace it.
- Some said it is smaller than what was advertised.
This air bed for two people has all the bells and whistles you might be looking for in an air mattress – spacious enough for two people, easily deflates and folds down, can be inflated with ease and retains air well. This product even comes with a repair kit. Should you get rips or holes on your mattress while camping out, use the repair kit that comes with it to fix issues.
- It has just the right height and firmness when inflated, thanks to its 28 air coils inside.
- The surface is flocked, assuring more comfort.
- It has puncture-resistant materials.
- It is easy to bring on your camping trips because it is lightweight.
- This bed comes with 2-part inflation chambers, which means you can choose a different level of firmness on your side of the bed.
- Some said as a double bed, they find it a little bit small.
This reasonably-priced air bed is suitable for the use of two people. You can use either an electric or a hand pump to set it up to the level of firmness. Made from PVC materials, you can be assured that this bed will not succumb to punctures with ease. The coil construction inside is also durable and prevents the mattress from losing air. It has been integrated with 2 sealing points as well, to ensure that it will never leak.
- This mattress is capable of holding up heavier loads. The double bed can accommodate up to 295 kg of weight without losing air.
- It features a double lock valve that ensures air will not dissipate overnight.
- The internal coil structure keeps the bed upright. It doesn’t feel lumpy and seems to have an even comfort.
- The surface of the mattress is flocked for better comfort.
- It comes with a repair kit.
- It comes with a storage space under the pillow, so you can store more of your valuables.
- No need to bring separate pillows because this mattress already has them included.
- This bed is easy to deflate, pack away and store.
- Some people said they had to re-inflate the bed after two days of use.
Which One Should You Get?
Let us help you decide further which one to get.
Best Comfort: Active Era Premium Air Bed with Built-in Electric Pump and Pillow. You can go for this air bed if you are looking for one that will not cause you to lose sleep when you are outdoors. This air bed conforms to the body, which helps prevent back aches and pains.
For People on a Budget: Milestone Camping Single Flocked Airbed. Get this air bed if you don’t want to spend too much money but you also don’t want to skimp on quality.
Good for 2 People: Coleman Comfort Airbed. If you are camping out with someone who tends to have a different preference on the level of hardness of the bed, you can go for this one. It has two different inflation chambers, so you can inflate your side of the bed to your desired level. It offers all the nifty features as well when it comes to air beds such as the ability to inflate and deflate it with ease, a comfortable surface, leak-free features and many more.
Has Pillows: Campingaz Airbed Smart Quickbed. No need to bring extra pillows because this one already has them built in. You even have additional features such as extra storage found under the pillows. It offers comfort and maximum support as well, so you will find this one of the most comfortable beds you have ever used.
How to Find the Best Air Bed
Looking for the best air bed does not have to be difficult. We suggest thinking about these factors, so you can point out the right air bed that suits your needs:
Comfort and Support
Does your mattress at home work well in conforming to the shape of your body? You would want the same from your air bed as well. When an air bed effectively molds to the shape of the body, it provides the right amount of support and comfort that can promote better sleep. This is what you need to look for if you don’t want to wake up with backache or stiff neck.
Look for those with a fabric surface, so it doesn’t feel as if you are sleeping on a plastic material. Make sure it is soft and warm.
Ability to Withstand Harsh Elements
Make sure it won’t get affected by strong bouts of rain. Most air beds are made from materials that can repel water, but you would want to make sure that it has taped seams so that water can’t enter easily. Also check how thick the materials used are. It shouldn’t be susceptible to punctures. Since you are putting it on hard ground, you would want to make sure that the ground won’t be punctured easily.
Does it come with a self-inflating device? Find out how fast you will be able to inflate the bed. Some beds might also come with a device that will help you inflate the bed to the right level of firmness and softness. That way, you can achieve your preferred level of comfort better.
Weight and Size
Make sure you know how big the bed is when inflated, to determine whether it will fit in your tent. If it is too big or too high, it might not work in the tent you already have. When deflated, how much does it weigh? Since you are using it for camping purposes, make sure it isn’t too heavy to lug around. You should also be able to squeeze it into a small size for storage.
Some air beds may have separate chambers for both sides. If you are camping out with someone and using the same bed, you can inflate your side of the bed differently to get customized comfort.
Make sure you keep these things in mind when deciding which air bed to add to your camping gear.
What to Do Next?
Now it’s time to click on the links of the air bed you want to buy. We also suggest heading to our homepage to discover more camping gears and equipment that you might want to add to your outdoor essentials. Check out our product suggestions and reviews, so you can be guided on which ones to spend your money on.