A Bivvy bag, also known as a bivy sack of a bivouac sack, is a shelter with waterproof properties used by campers, hikers and climbers. It is used as an alternative to a tent as it fits one person just right. Think of it as a cross between a sleep camping sack and a tent. You can also liken it to the cocoon of a caterpillar.
If this is your first time hearing about it or you don’t know which bivvy bag to get, this is a good place to start educating yourself. We searched for the best bivvy bags out in the market to help you find the best one for your needs. Read this whole article to find out which products to buy and how you can choose the best one for your needs.
Best bivvy bag 2022
- Best buy - Andes Olive Green Waterproof Bivvy Bag
- Cheapest - Mountain Warehouse Bivvy Sleeping Bag
- Editors pick - Adtrek Camping/Fishing Waterproof Sleeping Bivvy Bag
- Best bivvy bag in the winter - Highlander Hawk Bivvy Bag
- Most features - Aqua Quest Hooped Bivvy Tent
If you are looking for a simple design in a Bivvy bag and one that won’t break the bank, this is an ideal choice for you. It has waterproof functions that will keep you protected from rain or morning dew. The side zipper allows easy access as well as easy manual ventilation. It also comes with taped seams for better durability.
- It is an affordable bivvy bag, ideal for those who are on a tight budget. We recommend this if you are only going camping a few times a year. It’s also great as a spare bivvy bag in case someone else in your camp group needs it.
- It keeps you protected from the cold as well. It works adequately in retaining heat.
- The design is utilitarian. It should be a good choice for both men and women.
- We like how the zippers are positioned. It makes sliding in the bivvy bag a lot easier.
- Some said this doesn’t have good anti-condensation and breathable features.
This is one of the best sleeping bags to get if you are looking for something waterproof. It keeps water away, ideal when camping out or backpacking and you don’t know what weather conditions will face you.
One of the things you will like about this as well is its ripstop feature. It prevents rips from progressing, allowing you to get the most out of this product. The materials used are also heavy duty and can last for a long time even when you subject this to a lot of abuse. The seams are taped as well for added durability.
It folds nicely as well. It is compact and can easily be stashed in your bag.
- This is a superior product because of its durability. It can withstand a good amount of abuse so if you do a lot of trekking, hiking and backpacking and you know that you are going to sleep on rough surfaces, get this one.
- It keeps water out. You can prevent rain and morning dew from leaking into the sack. The taped seams also prevent moisture from getting inside the bag.
- This also has breathable functions. With this feature, condensation inside the sack can be avoided. You don’t have to wake up with the inside of your bivvy bag soaking wet.
- Some said this is bulkier than the others they have tried. Also, it does not have a face cover.
This affordable mummy bag helps you stay comfortable no matter what the external conditions are. It has good water-proofing properties, making this ideal for all outdoor enthusiasts. It boasts of 3,000 mm hydrostatic head. With only 300 grams of weight, this shouldn’t be too difficult to carry around.
- This is a lightweight bivvy bag that can protect you from the elements. It is made from durable materials that can effectively keep moisture out.
- There is a drawstring bag that you can use to keep it portable. It is easy to roll when you pack it up.
- The price is affordable. Get this if you are on a budget.
- You might need to crack a zip open a little bit to allow air to circulate. This can prevent condensation from building up.
This is a slightly more expensive bivvy bag, but its features make up for its price. This bag has all the basic features of a bivvy bag, but the manufacturer makes use of only high-quality fabrics and materials to ensure that this can keep moisture and rain out. It is light in weight and also comes with a mesh face mask to keep bugs out of your face.
- Many people loved how well this bivvy bag handled condensation. Unlike others that might have an issue with condensation because of poor circulation, this one does not have such a problem.
- It also works well in regulating temperature. You can use it together with your trusted sleeping mat and you shouldn’t have issues sleeping in it. Even those that used this when the weather was not agreeable did not have issues with feeling cold.
- There’s also a good amount of room to move around in it.
- According to some customers, there is a space between the area where the zips meet. Bugs might crawl in that gap.
This brand has always provided some of the best camping gears out there, so it isn’t surprising to find this one replete with good features. Although more expensive, it has all the bells and whistles one might be looking for in a bivvy bag.
It has 10,000 mm waterproof rating and top-notch breathable functions. Backpackers won’t have problems bringing this with them because of its super lightweight and compact features.
- This can keep moisture from rain and dew away. If you plan on using a bivvy for different seasons, get this one. It also has breathable functions, so you can avoid condensation from building up inside the bivvy bag.
- We like how lightweight this is. It only weighs 1.1 kg so it shouldn’t be difficult to bring. Set-up is done in mere minutes. You can zip it all the way if you want complete protection, but you can also unzip the front panel if you want to enjoy a clear view of the stars.
- The inside is spacious. You can do a lot of things here such as read a book and have a snack.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- This product is more expensive than others.