Enjoying nature through a hike or a walk is one of the cheapest entertainments out there. It doesn’t cost a dime to enjoy and work your body out. What would cost you money are the clothes and shoes you will wear for such an activity. You definitely need to gear up to protect yourself from the cold and from potential injury.
Perhaps one of the priciest things you will spend for hiking, walking or trekking is a pair of walking boots. But don’t worry because there are still plenty of affordable alternatives for you. We looked for walking boots that will not break the bank but will still give you with the comfort, support and durability that you can get from a more expensive pair.
Why You Need to Do More Walking
Walking is free, doesn’t require gadgets or equipment to get started and can be something you can do any time. It’s not as demanding as other forms of exercises and can be ideal for all kinds of people – young, adults and the elderly alike.
Here are more reasons why you should do more walking:
1. It can help alleviate stress and can lift your spirit up.
Do you find yourself stressed out a lot due to work or your duties at home? Try taking at least 30 minutes of break and go for a walk by yourself or with a loved one. Go somewhere where you can be closer to nature. Take your dog with you. You will be surprised how much better you will feel after a few minutes of walking. It helps boost endorphins and reduce cortisol hormones.
2. It can help you manage weight or keep excess weight off.
Are you having trouble keeping the excess weight off? Try walking every day. Include at least 30 minutes of walking to your daily routine. This might be a low-intensity exercise, but it works wonders in managing weight as it has the same effects when it comes to burning fats. Best of all, it won’t make you feel drained afterwards.
3. It is good for your mental health.
Walking helps a lot when it comes to clearing our mind and improving focus and concentration. When you are having a hard time focusing on tasks or your creativity is running low, try going for a walk. Go to a park or the beach and walk for a few minutes to clear your mind and breathe fresh air.
4. It is less taxing on the joints.
Unlike other forms of exercises, walking is gentler on the joints. This is why walking is recommended for people recovering from injuries or the elderly with joint issues.
5. It can regulate blood pressure and help you sleep better at night.
One of the benefits you can get from walking is a regulated blood pressure. If you suffer from high blood pressure, you can include walking in your routine as a natural treatment for your condition. Walking also helps correct your circadian rhythm, so you might be able to sleep better at night.
Best Budget Walking Boots Reviews
After checking out the various walking boots out there, here are the ones with the best price tags:
- GFONE Women’s Men’s Unisex Low Rise Walking Boots
- TFO Outdoor Women’s Walking Boots
- H-Mastery Men’s Women’s Hiking Boots
- Northwest Territory Ladies Leather Lightweight Waterproof Walking and Hiking Boots
- Sixspace Men’s Women’s Walking Boots
Find out more about the features of these walking boots:
Here is one affordable choice that will not fail you when it comes to durability and reliability. The outer material is made from synthetic suede. The gum rubber outsole prevents slipping. It is surprisingly comfortable with its padded insoles and breathable materials.
- Attractive boots that will be a great addition to your wardrobe. You can also choose from different fun colours.
- These are lightweight and easy to wear. You can wear these for extended periods of time and not worry about suffering from feet fatigue.
- They hold up well against rough terrain and also has decent waterproofing benefits.
- Many said this pair of boots kept their feet warm in the winter season.
- Some said the shoelaces this came with are quite short.
Boasting of 360 degrees air circulation insoles, you can keep the inside of your shoes comfortable even on those sweltering days. It is capable of wicking moisture out, so your feet don’t turn sweaty and smelly. The insoles can be removed for easier cleaning and also has antibacterial deodorant properties.
Walking with this pair of boots is easier and feels lighter because it is truly lighter than most walking boots out there. With its superior ankle-protecting functionality, injuries can be prevented. It also ensures lesser foot fatigue for those longer walks and hikes. Gain more confidence when traversing more difficult terrains with its unique pattern.
- This ideal for different kinds of terrains. With the unique tread pattern and its rubber outsole, you can rely on this pair of walking boots to get you to your destination without accidentally slipping.
- The inside of the boots remains fresh, thanks to its good air circulation features that let out moisture and prevent heat from getting in your boots.
- The uppers are padded for increased protection. You can avoid ankle injuries with these paddings.
- It has an EVA middle sole that serves as a shock absorber for your movements.
- The waterproof functionality of this pair of walking boots is reliable. Water beads off and then rolls from the material.
- Some said the one they got is a bit small. You might need to size up.
Men and women can both enjoy this pair of hiking boots. Its unisex appeal suits both genders. It caters to the needs of both genders as well with its durable suede exterior and waterproof features. The gum rubber outsole keeps users safe even when traversing slippery surfaces.
- This is a good-sized pair of walking boots.
- It has a rugged design that you will like to use for outdoor treks, hikes or walks.
- Seems very well-made and sturdy.
- It has waterproof features.
- Some said they had issues with water leaking inside the shoes.
What makes this pair of walking boots different from others is its memory foam insoles. Memory foam is a foam technology that “memorizes” the shape of the body and conforms to it to provide superior comfort and support. When used as an insole, it can help provide the best protection to the feet, which can come handy during those long walks or hikes. Additionally, this also looks great, has a nice weight and waterproof features.
- These boots are a value for the money. They are inexpensive, but they are also well-made.
- Many said this is one of the most comfortable boots they have worn.
- It is capable of keeping moisture out. If you go out walking on wet grass, this should keep your feet dry.
- Some said it requires some breaking in as the soles and the laces are a bit stiff.
Need a reliable pair of walking boots in the winter? Try this one. This pair has been lined with fur for maximum comfort. It retains heat, so your feet can stay nice and toasty. The upper material is waterproof, although not designed to be completely submerged in water for a long time. Stay safe while on your winter walks with its rubber soles that offer superior traction. The manufacturing company says this is made from non-toxic materials, great for those looking for eco-friendly shoes.
- Great for the winter season. It is fully lined with fur for maximum comfort during those colder days.
- The soles offer a good grip.
- Get in and out of the shoes with ease.
- It is made from non-toxic materials.
- Many can attest to the superior quality of these boots.
- Some said they wished it came with a steel toe cap.
Which One Should You Get?
Narrow down your options with the following information:
Great Colour Choices: GFONE Women’s Men’s Unisex Low Rise Walking Boots. Tired of the usual black, brown or grey walking boots? Go for this choice then. It offers a wide array of colour choices. You can pick different colours to make your wardrobe more interesting.
Although all the footwear we’ve recommended are strong candidates for the title of best budget walking boots, overall we think our top performers are the GFONE walking boots for their sturdiness and style.
Multi-Terrain Choice: TFO Outdoor Women’s Walking Boots. Commit to walking everyday with the help of this pair of walking shoes. You can challenge yourself to different terrains without worrying that your boots will fail you. It has been built to work on any kind of terrain.
Rugged-Looking: H-Mastery Men’s Women’s Hiking Boots. This is a great option for those looking for a more rugged-looking pair of outdoor shoes.
Superb Comfort: Northwest Territory Ladies Leather Lightweight Waterproof Walking and Hiking Boots. You will find these shoes the most comfortable option because of the memory foam insoles. They are reliable for all sorts of outdoor needs, so whether you like to go for a walk or a hike, you should be able to utilize these.
Great Quality: Sixspace Men’s Women’s Walking Boots. When it comes to quality construction and materials, this is one of the best you can get without spending too much money. There aren’t a lot of negative reviews about it because it is well-made, and it does what it promises to do.
How to Scrutinize Walking Boots
When scrutinizing the walking boots sold out there, make sure you go over these parts to determine whether it’s a good fit for you:
The upper part is there for support. These are needed to protect the ankles from injuries and can also prevent pebbles or rocks from getting in your shoes. You can also rely on these parts to protect the feet from the cold. The kind of materials used for the uppers will determine how well it can serve the users. For instance, leather uppers are durable and sturdy and can offer the most support. If you like doing prolonged walks or you go on hikes a lot, one that is made from leather should be the best choice for you. The synthetic ones are better if you prefer something more lightweight. They are also perfect for summer weather because of their breathable features.
Most walking boots have some form of liners to keep moisture out and maintain the breathability of the material. One kind of liner, the GORE-TEX membrane is particularly popular and is almost a staple in most walking boots because of its capability in keeping sweat out and maintaining dry feet.
Midsoles adhere to the curve of your foot. These are also needed for impact absorption. Many walking boots use EVA or Ethylene Vinyl Acetate midsoles. This is a kind of expanded foam that is known for its lightweight benefits. Which firmness level of midsoles you will choose will depend on the kind of walking you will do. If you usually do simple and more relaxed walking, go for the ones with a softer flex. On the other hand, hiking or trekking will require something stiffer.
The outer soles or the outsole is typically made from a kind of rubber. You will find many walking boots integrated with Vibram outsoles, which is a brand of an outsole that has a good grip and traction. Check the lugs pattern and their depth as well as they will tell you if the shoes are slippery or not. If you do a lot of trekking, walking or hiking on muddy grounds and slippery slopes, a pair of walking boots with bigger tread should be better. The thinner ones work better on rocky areas.
Of course, you also need to think about ventilation and fit. Choose those that have waterproof functions as well.
What to Do Next?
If you have more time, do check out our homepage to learn more products for camping or hiking. Check out more recommendations about hiking, camping or walking boots.