Camping is a pleasurable activity solo backpackers and families can all enjoy. But with the lack of amenities that we are used of, many people shy away from this activity. When you go camping, you can temporarily say goodbye to electricity, your nice and comfortable bed, a ready source of water and the toilet.
But all of that can now be rectified. There are actually equipment and tools now that can help you stay comfortable even when camping. One of the things you should invest on if you plan on doing a lot of camping trips with your family is a trusty portable camping toilet.
These camping toilets really make a whole world of difference when it comes to a memorable and comfortable camping experience. If you are ready to buy one, you came to the right place. We will recommend the best camping toilets today and guide you in making the right choice.
Best Camping Toilet 2022
- Best for families - BranQ 1306 Camping Toilet
- Best buy - Thetford Porta Potti Qube 165 Portable Toilet
- Editors choice - Kampa Khazi Portable Toilet
- Easy choice - Leisurewize Need a Loo Portable Toilet
- Most portable - Andres Portable Folding Outdoor Camping Toilet
Need a portable toilet large enough for you and your family’s needs? This should have enough capacity for small to medium-sized families. It is made from durable plastic material and has a small and portable size that is easy to transport.
It comes with a profile seat, so it should be comfortable to use for adults and kids alike. It comes with a lid to keep the smell at bay. The lid can also be removed for easier clean-up. Just rinse it and you should have no issues using it again.
- It is a sturdy portable camping toilet. It can accommodate even heavier people. It also has a good height, so relieving yourself shouldn’t cause discomforts.
- It is compact enough to be hidden away or stored at the back of your vehicle for camping trips.
- It is also a versatile toilet. Those who are bedridden or recovering from injuries can use this temporarily to relieve themselves instead of going to the toilet.
- It is quite affordable. And for its price, the construction is sturdy and durable.
- The size is big enough for the use of a family.
- You might need to secure the lid with something heavy so that in case someone accidentally kicks it, the contents won’t go spilling out.
It might be double the price of other portable toilets but for its chic design and functionality, the extra cost is worth it. It has a nifty design that won’t make you feel iffy using it. What makes this a good choice is the cover lock feature that prevents the contents from spilling out in case you accidentally kick it.
For easier removal of contents, it also comes with a pour-out spout that is built in it. It even has a flushing function that you operate manually.
This camping toilet has a small footprint, so it shouldn’t be difficult to store under your camping bed or in your storage space.
- The design is attractive. It has toilet-like functions as well such as the flushing mechanism. Kids will have no trouble using it.
- You will love the lid lock feature. It just gives a lot of peace of mind knowing that in case it tips over, contents won’t spill out.
- Customers love how easy this is to clean. Since there is an integrated spout for easier removal of contents, you can clean it without all the unwanted mess.
- It keeps smell locked in. You can keep it in your tent and not have to worry about the smell coming out.
- The height of this camping toilet is fairly good as well. Taller people have used this without issues.
- It is slightly more expensive than other camping toilets. Some also said the flushing mechanism did not work that effectively for them.
This is easily one of the best-designed portable toilets out in the market today. The colour is nice, and the design has a real toilet feel to it. It even has a side hook for loo roll. The seat is made from hygienic plastic, great to use for your entire family.
There is a waste bin at the bottom that you can easily take out and empty when needed. It has a compact size and design that shouldn’t be too difficult to store as well as transport.
- A lot of people commented on how comfortable this is. That is because it has a seating that is similar to a real toilet, so you can sit down and do your business with no issues. The size is decent and can be used even by people with a larger bottom.
- It has a lid cover, great for keeping the smell contained and in preventing the contents from spilling out.
- It is made from plastic but is substantially durable. It can hold the weight of heavier adults. Kids will find this easy to use as well.
- Some people said it is slightly bulky and big. You will have to make some room for it in your car or tent.
This portable toilet has a straightforward design. It is very much like a bucket but has seating at the top and a lid to keep contents in. It is not the most comfortable to use but provides a good amount of height for taller people. The design is quite lightweight as well. You shouldn’t have problems carrying it around with you.
- It is one of the tallest portable toilets out there so taller people won’t have to squat down for it.
- The seat also feels secure and comfortable.
- It has a nice size, so you don’t have to empty it out every so often. It can accommodate the needs of families.
- It has a nifty handle you can just grab if you need to move it around or empty it.
- The price is affordable for this camping toilet.
- Nothing spectacular about its feature. If you just like something that serves its purpose, this is a good option.
This camping toilet just takes minutes to set up. It has a chair commode design where you will have to insert a toilet bag to catch wastes. It really beats other products because of its portability. Since there is no bulky frame – only the seat and the legs, you can store it in your car with the rest of your camping gear with ease.
It doesn’t require cleaning as well save for wiping and disinfecting the seat. Just remove the toilet bag and dispose of it.
- It’s very simple to set up and when you fold it up, it doesn’t take up space at all. If you are looking for the most portable one that you can also use for backpacking, this is the most ideal one to get.
- It is quite sturdy. It has a maximum weight capacity of 70kg but those who are heavier still were able to use this with no issues.
- If you don’t need it as a toilet, simply use it as a trash bin. It works either way.
- It is inexpensive as well and doesn’t take a long time to clean up.
- You will have to replace the bag, but these bags aren’t costly. It also doesn’t come with a lid so you might need to bring something else to keep the wee smell at bay.