A camping trip can offer an awesome break from your monotonous daily routine. It is a great way to get back in touch with nature and to tune out all the chaos and confusion of our city lives. Camping trips can also be a fun family activity where you can bond with your family and spend some quality time together with the kids.
However, a camping excursion can be hopelessly spoilt if you do not have the right equipment with you. Usually, campsites are located far away from supermarkets or convenience stores – as the whole point of going camping is to get far away from it all!
So, in case you forget to take along any essential item of your camping gear, it can get too troublesome indeed. Your list of camping supplies should include your tent, a tarp, stakes, rope, hammer, mats, a dustpan and brush to clean up any dirt that finds its way into your tent, sleeping bags for everyone, blankets, pillows, fuel for the campfire, cooking essentials, cutlery, garbage bags, paper napkins, soap, clothes, raincoats or warm clothing depending on the weather, shoes, underwear, toothbrush, toothpaste and other assorted toiletries and a first aid box with basic medicines.
Also, don’t forget to carry along your best lightweight camping chair, some magazines and music for entertainment, maps, candles, flashlights, bags, knives and scissors as well.
Different Camping Chairs to Choose From
Outdoor camping chairs are indeed indispensable. You can lounge around while basking in the magnificent view of nature. Use it while stoking your campfire or sit in it while chatting with family and friends.
Every best outdoor camping chair must have certain typical characteristics. Mainly, they should be comfortable, sturdy and portable. Additionally, they must also be easy to set up and also simple to fold and stow away.
There are different types of camping chairs. The lightest ones are usually the backpacker’s camping chairs. These are easy to lug around in your backpack but be aware that they might not be the most comfortable camping chairs.
The next type would be the most common: the traditional camping chair. These camping chairs are the quintessential camping chairs that one envisions as soon as one hears the words camping chair. These chairs are quite comfortable and are also easy to sit down in and get up from.
However, they can also be slightly on the heavier side. Modern camping chairs are the ones which have evolved over time to suit the requirements of the more demanding campers of today. They can come with a number of perks such as built-in cup holders, armrests and even padded seating.
Needless to say, such camping chairs can be more expensive than their counterparts, but they do give you a great deal of comfort and relaxation in return.
Best Lightweight Camping Chair Reviews
Here are the camping chairs you should set your eyes on:
- Eureka Helinox Campingstuhl Chair One NEU
- Highlander Folding Camp Chair
- Milestone 1-Seater Folding Fishing or Camping Chair
- Moon Lence Ultralight Heavy Duty Camping Folding Chairs
- Kestrel Heavy Duty Padded Camping Chair
Here are the things you need to know about these chairs:
The Helinox Chair One is the best small camping chair to be found. It weighs about 940 gms and measures about 35 x 10 c 12 cms when packed. In fact, it is no bigger than a man’s shoe when you fold it. It is so light that lugging it around when camping shouldn’t be a problem. But even despite these characteristics, you still get a sturdy chair that will last you for a long time.
- Compact: These chairs are easy to pack up and put away. They do not take up too much place, thus enabling you to stock up on other camping essentials without wasting precious space.
- Light: These chairs are so light that they can be carried easily in your backpack. This makes them extremely versatile as they can be used on camping trips, fishing expeditions, as well as backpacking stints.
- Simple: These chairs are convenient to use, and the simple design makes it easy to set it up in a jiffy. There are no complicated odds and ends to put together or to confuse you.
- Not for overweight people: The chairs can hold up to 145 kgs. So, if you weigh more than that, then these chairs are not going to be comfortable for you and might even break and fall apart.
- Beware of fakes: Since Helinox is a popular brand, the market is flooded with a lot of fakes and cheaply made rip-offs of this model. Hence be wary of duplicates as they might just spoil your camping experience and disappoint you.
- Cost: There are definitely some less expensive camping chairs available. So, if you look at the cost factor, you might be a little put off by this chair. However, you can be rest assured that you are paying for quality. In case it doesn’t suit your budget then you will need to look at other lower priced brands.
The Highlander Folding Camp Chair is one of the best-selling models of camping chairs out there. It comes in a variety of colors including black, red, blue and a black and white patterned one as well. It comes with a cup holder. You can keep your drink secure while lounging and relaxing in the beauty of nature.
It might look flimsy, but it is actually made from a strong steel frame. You also don’t have to worry about outdoor dirt as this has a polyester PVC coating. Just wipe the dirt and stains off.
With only 2.2 kg of weight, this shouldn’t be a big hassle to bring with you on your outdoor trips. It can also accommodate heavier people with a maximum weight capacity of 100 kg.
- This camping chair can carry a maximum weight of 100 kgs, great for heavier individuals.
- These camping chairs are lightweight and can be easily carried around. They are also easy to pack.
- You won’t have trouble keeping this clean as dirt and dust can get wiped away easily.
- It comes with a built-in cup holder.
- One disadvantage of this chair though is that if you are naturally a big made person then you might find this chair a little small for you.
The Milestone 1-Seater Folding Fishing/ Camping Chair ticks all the boxes for a good camping chair. It comes in two colours – blue or green – and also has a cup holder and a carry bag to pack it into. To top it, the Milestone 1-Seater Folding Fishing/ Camping Chair is easy on the pocket. It is one of the most affordable choices out there so if you are on a budget, this should be a great option for you.
- The main plus point of this chair is its affordability. It is not hard on the budget so if you are buying more of this, it won’t break the bank.
- It folds neatly and isn’t cumbersome to bring on camping trips.
- The polyester fabric is durable. The metal frame feels sturdy, so you don’t feel like you are going to topple over.
- It is easy to transport. Use it for all sorts of outdoor needs. Whether you are camping or going fishing, this should be a great chair to buy.
- Some said this is a bit heavy to carry around. It might not be the most ideal for backpacking.
The Moon Lence Ultralight Portable Folding Chairs with an ergonomic design, aluminum alloy frame and compact stowaway size, these chairs are the best portable camping chairs indeed. This is a heavy duty camping chair that easily stows away in an included bag.
Out of all the camping chairs out there, this one offers the most luxurious comfort. The seat is soft and breathable, making this a perfect choice when camping out in the hot summer season. It is also remarkably simple to set up.
- This is a lightweight option, great for people who are camping to farther areas.
- It is made from the most durable materials. The seat has 1000D oxford cloth material that ensures the chair can hold up heavier loads. It can accommodate up to 110 kg of weight.
- It is one of the most comfortable chairs out there for camping. You can truly relax and forget about your woes.
- It’s hard to find any cons for this chair.
The Kestrel Deluxe Padded Folding Chair is a no-nonsense camping chair which will satisfy even a hard-core camping enthusiast. It has a strong design that makes the chair durable. You also get a modern look as well as padded chairs for superior comfort.
- They can carry weights up to 120 kgs which makes them ideal for people who are overweight
- This is a highly dependable chair that can withstand some abuse.
- The seat is made from breathable mesh fabric, which is great in preventing sweaty back during summer days.
- The tubular steel mechanism makes this so simple to fold and keep in a bag.
- Some people have complaints about the carry bags that came with this.
Which One Should You Get?
Backpackers will find the Eureka Helinox Campingstuhl Chair One NEU a great choice for them. It is so compact that it literally folds to nothing and has a lightweight design that makes this product so easy to bring to your outdoor excursions. It is not the most affordable but if the above-mentioned features appeal to you, spend extra money on this.
Heavier people should consider getting the Highlander Folding Camp Chair. It can accommodate more weight and has dirt-resistant properties as well. If you don’t like to do a lot of cleaning and scrubbing of your camping chair later, get this.
On a tight budget? Get the Milestone 1-Seater Folding Fishing or Camping Chair instead. It is more affordable although it might be lacking in the impressive features the previous ones have.
The Moon Lence Ultralight Heavy Duty Camping Folding Chairs is also ideal for heavier people.
It can accommodate heavier loads. In addition to that, this chair also boasts of superior comfort.
If you are looking for a durable and heavy-duty camping set that doesn’t cost a lot, get the Kestrel Heavy Duty Padded Camping Chair. It also works for heavier people but has a more ideal price tag.
Buying Tips for Lightweight Camping Chair
Here are more tips that you can use to help you narrow down your camping chair options:
Check its folding mechanism. It should easily fold down so you don’t have to grapple with the product or inadvertently injure yourself trying to fit it in a bag.
Compare the weight. Some chairs advertised as lightweight camping chairs may still be hefty. If you do a lot of backpacking, go for the lightest ones instead.
Think about durability. Of course, you would want your camping chair to be resistant to a lot of damages. After all, the outdoor life can inflict a lot of damages to the chair. Choose those with sturdy and reliable camping chair materials.
What to Do Next?
There are a plethora of choices when it comes to camping chairs and you might easily get confused about which one to buy for your camping adventures. By reading reviews and comparing different camping chairs, you will be able to choose one which is best suited for your needs and also for your pocket. Depending on your requirements and budgets, you can go for any one of the above-described camping chairs. All of these chairs come with good customer ratings and feedback – hence you can invest in them without any fear.
Make sure you also head to our homepage to read more reviews on essential camping products. Find out which brands out there you should invest your money.