When going backpacking, hiking, cycling or camping, you can’t go without the best daypack. It is an essential because you will use it to hold all your outdoor essentials. There is a multitude of daypacks out there, but they are not created equal, so make sure you are more discerning in your buying choices. You need to take into account your personal preferences, so you will eventually make a good buying decision.
We checked out what the market has to offer when it comes to daypacks. They differ in sizes, design, capacity and materials so make sure you scrutinize what you are buying. Check our recommendations below.
Best Daypack Review of 2022
- Entry level backpack - Gonex 30L Lightweight
- Best buy - Under Armour Water Resistant Backpack
- Rough handling - The North Face Borealis Backpack
- Best water resistant backpack - TAK 30L External Frame Rucksack
- Best for gadgets - Skyscraper 30L Water-Resistant Backpack
This is considered as the best 30L backpack by many customers due to its good capacity and size that works so well with different frames. You can choose from an assortment of colors such as deep blue, orange, purple and red to find one that matches your style preferences.
With just 320 g of weight, this is a lightweight daypack that you shouldn’t have problems carrying with you. It features a nylon mesh pocket on both sides for easy storage of water. You can also store small knick-knacks in its zip pocket. It comes complete with a money pouch as well, so you can access your money with ease.
The mesh shoulder leaves a lot of room for air to circulate, thereby preventing your shoulders from accumulating heat. It is made from durable materials, so you can expect this to perform well for a long time.
- This is a good-sized backpack with all the nice pockets that you can use for storing your stuff.
- The straps are padded for complete comfort. You can’t go wrong with the color choices as well.
- The metal zippers are durable. They won’t get damaged even when you frequently open and close the bag. It has a good amount of storage capacity, so you can put in your camping essentials without any problems.
- This product has been backed with a 1-year warranty. You can return it or exchange it if you are not satisfied with it.
- The quality is top-notch. Many people have taken it for their travels and did not have any issues with ripping or damages. It isn’t bulky so it’s great as a carry-on bag. The price is also affordable for a backpack with its quality.
- Some just had issues with the internal fabric fraying but other than that, this seems to hold up well against abuse.
This daypack boasts of UA Storm Technology. What this does is keep the backpack intact and resistant to external elements. So, whether you like to go hiking in the rain or backpacking when the wind is high, this is still a good backpack that won’t fail you. It also has water-resistant properties to prevent moisture from seeping in.
The bottom panel is resistant to abrasions as well, so you should have no problems just setting it down when you get tired. It has a compartment for laptops with a maximum size of 15 inches. The shoulder straps boast of HeatGear properties, which should offer a good amount of comfort.
- This is a weather-resistant backpack that should be a good choice for serious backpackers out there. Your stuff will be protected from rain or shine.
- It is thoughtfully-designed. It looks nicely-built with an attractive exterior but has good materials that can make this bag comfortable to carry around all day.
- It has a HeateGear that keeps the shoulder straps breathable. You can adjust the straps to your comfort level and not have to worry that it will give you shoulder pains at the end of the day.
- Many of those who bought this said it is roomy. There are also compartments and even a key hook that you can use to keep all your essentials. They also said it is easy to slide into a locker. Some bags need to be pushed and shoved before they get in. Many have also used this in a heavy downpour and did not experience leaking.
- Some people commented on how the backpack needs to be leaned back if you put it down. Otherwise, it will fall forward.
This backpack has a fleece lining inside for the laptop compartment so if you are going to bring your gadgets with you, it should adequately keep them protected. The secondary compartment already has integrated organizational systems and pockets, so you can keep your things separated and not have to worry about digging through your stuff to get what you need.
It also boasts of reflectivity. The tables for the water bottle are reflective. It also comes with a bike-light loop which also has reflective properties.
- This bag is attractive to look at and should be an ideal choice for both men and women. It is one of the most organized bags. If your backpacking essentials often get cluttered, get this. It can help you become more organized.
- The reflective properties ensure that you are visible at night and that this bag is easy to locate when camping out in pitch dark.
- There is a chest and waist strap that distributes weight evenly.
- It doesn’t have water-proofing properties.
Again, this is considered the best 30L backpack because of its capacity. It has a striking design. It can keep your back protected and you can use it to store more things such as your laptop. We like its bearing system weight distribution a lot because it helps distribute the weight of the pack so that you won’t immediately feel tired carrying it.
The construction is also really good. It prevents heat from building up, which should be ideal for those long travels. It has internal pockets that you can use to store your hydration bladder. It is made from materials that boast of water-resistant properties as well.
- It has a good size for serious campers or frequent travellers. There are a lot of pockets including hydration compatible pockets for your water bladder.
- If you like to go nature-tripping near lakes and beaches, this should be a good option as well due to its water-resistant properties. The parts are made from premium materials. Nothing feels flimsy or ready to give out.
- It prevents your back from sweating out too much. A lot of customers who have had issues with their backpacks in the past said this solved their problem of sweating out too much when hiking.
- It distributes weight easily so even if you go hiking for hours, you won’t easily feel tired. The design of the straps makes it easy to keep the weight off of the shoulders.
- Some people said this is heavier than what they expected but they can’t also dispute the quality.
This is easily one of the best 30L backpacks you will get because of its highly durable materials. They used water and tear-resistant fabrics that will ensure your backpack will remain in good condition for a long time. It has a good space inside for all your backpacking essentials. Outside, there are more pockets to store smaller items.
The shoulder straps are padded and has breathable functions. It also has a stylish design, so you wouldn’t be embarrassed to use this.
- The design is attractive and stylish. We like how compact it looks even though it can accommodate a lot of things inside.
- The shoulder pads are breathable, increasing your comfort while backpacking and traveling.
- It is one of the most durable daypacks out there. The materials used to make this are resistant to wear and tear.
- This is ideal for the use of both men and women.
- The hanging system for the external pockets is strong. You can stash more things in the pockets.
- A customer said one of the zipper pulls broke off.