Walking is not just good for the body, it’s good for the mind as well. Whenever you feel stressed out, you should go out, walk and take a breath of fresh air. This low-energy activity is also good for the joints and your body’s circulation. It’s not as demanding as running. You can even take it up a notch and take elevated roads like a nearby hill or mountain.
When including walking in your daily routine, make sure you don’t subject your feet to pain and damage. It’s important to find the best walking boots that will protect your feet from sharp rocks and twigs but can still give enough comfort that you can go walking for hours.
You would want to look for the best leather walking boots. They are stylish but rugged enough to be used outdoors. If you are on the lookout for the best leather walking boots, you came to the right place. This article will help you find the best ones when it comes to comfort, support, style and durability.
Best Leather Walking Boots Review for 2021
We recommend these walking boots:
- Northwest Territory Mens Inuvik Fully Waterproof Lace Up Walking Boots
- Hi-Tec Men’s Eurotrek III Waterproof High Rise Hiking Boots
- Karrimor KSB Orkney III Ladies Weathertite
- Northwest Trek Women’s Waterproof Leather Lace Up Walking Boots
Learn more about the features of these boots:
Northwest Territory Mens Inuvik Fully Waterproof Lace Up Walking Boots
This is a high-top leather walking boots that boasts of full padded insoles and tough rubber outsole. This is the perfect pair of walking boots to bring with you on your outdoor expeditions and trips. This pair is completely waterproof. You will find these boots comfortable and stylish to look at.
- They don’t feel and look bulky at all. Many walking boots tend to have that effect but this one doesn’t. The profile is smaller than competing products, which might make this a more ideal choice for smaller people who don’t want something clunky.
- These boots are a true workhorse. Many of those who bought it said this was in heavy rotation in their wardrobe and used heavily for walking and it did not wear out as fast as other brands.
- It has a good level of water protection. You can walk through muddy terrain, wet grass and puddles and still keep your feet dry.
- The fit is more on the wide side, which is actually great if you prefer wearing thick socks in it.
- Many also commented on how lightweight it is. You can easily walk wearing it and not feel like your legs are shackled to something heavy.
- Some said the sole is a bit stiff. It doesn’t have a good traction as well when it comes to walking on smooth rocks.
Hi-Tec Men’s Eurotrek III Waterproof High Rise Hiking Boots
These are some of the most stylish walking boots for men around. It looks well-made from the top to the bottom. It boasts of completely waterproof leather upper that ensures you get a pair that is durable and comfortable. This pair of boots feature Dri-Tec, which is a kind of technology that allows the leather material to be breathable and to keep moisture at bay. As a result, you can walk on any kind of surface and keep your feet dry. It also has a heel height of 9 millimetres, which adds just the right amount of height to the user.
- This really keeps your feet dry. If you like a pair of walking boots that won’t fail you no matter what the road conditions are outside, this is the pair to get. Its waterproof functions are superior.
- The CMEVA midsoles absorb the impact when walking, thereby providing your feet with good comfort and superior. It helps reduce fatigue when walking long distances.
- The outsole is made from a rubber material with a good traction. You can minimize chances of slipping on smooth surfaces.
- The breathability of this pair of boots is good. Users said they were able to use this during the summer season and didn’t have to worry about sweaty feet because of the heat.
- It does require some breaking in before you can use it for longer walking.
- Leather Upper - Offering durability and comfort.
- Dri-Tec Technology - A waterproof and breathable membrane, keeping your feeling dry and comfortable at all times.
- Rustproof Hardwear Lacing System - Provides a secure, locked in fit.
- Removeable Moulded EVA Insole - For underfoot cushioning.
- Compression-Moulded EVA Midsole - Embedded with a shank for ultimate cushioning and support …
Karrimor KSB Orkney III Ladies Weathertite
This is a pair of rugged-looking boots ideal for women who love the outdoor life. With its 2.4mm American Full Grain Leather upper, you can be assured that your feet are encased in durable and high-quality materials. These are the boots to get if you like your pair with breathable features and superior waterproof functions. The watertite feature of this pair ensures that your feet will stay dry and comfortable no matter what terrain you are traversing.
- These are great-looking boots. They are ideal for outdoor use but can be used for everyday walking as well.
- You will love how stable these boots feel. You can gain confidence while using it on paths that are not even. It also boasts of great traction with its Vibram sole. This sole has lugs that are multi-directional, giving the feet more flexibility.
- A lot of women who wore this said this pair provided the ankle support they needed when hiking on rocky hills. The grip on the ground is good.
- With proper care and maintenance, these boots will hold up well. You can even just wipe the dirt off.
- Some liked how long the laces are. They are great if you prefer to double knot your laces for more stability.
- There are customers who said it isn’t the best when it comes to waterproof functions.
- Ladies walking shoes
- Weathertite waterproof / breathable
- Lace up fastening
- Padded ankle collar and tongue
- Cushioned insole
Northwest Trek Women’s Waterproof Leather Lace Up Walking Boots
If you prefer the look of nubuck leather, this is for you. It is a stylish pair of boots that also come in different colours. If you want to make a statement, go for this pair of boots. It gives added height, thanks to its 1-inch heel. The soles are made from gum rubber, ideal for providing traction.
- Many have tested this on wet roads and terrains and found its waterproof features reliable. It does keep the feet dry.
- Customers who have this also said they have subjected it to a lot of bad road conditions and wear and tear and it still held on well. It still remained in good shape even after rough usage.
- These boots are on the lighter side. If you don’t like heavy boots that make walking feel like a big chore, these are for you.
- These are quite wide as well. If you want to wear socks, you shouldn’t have a problem with it.
- Some said it isn’t as good on slippery roads.
Synthetic vs. Genuine Leather – Which is Better for Walking?
When buying walking boots, you will come across genuine and synthetic leather ones. The leather ones are generally categorized into two: full-grain leather and nubuck leather. The full-grain type of leather is highly durable. It is typically more resistant to abrasions and to moisture. This is the best type of leather to get if you plan on using your boots during wetter seasons or when you plan on traversing rugged terrains. It is a breathable kind of leather and provides adequate flexibility, which makes this easier to wear.
Nubuck leather, on the other hand, is kind of full-grain leather. The difference is that it is buffed down. Because of this method, it almost looks like suede. Like the previous one, it is also more resistant to water and can hold up well against abrasion. It is not as durable as the full-grain leather ones, but it boasts of better flexibility.
Synthetic is typically made from a variety of synthetic materials like PU and nylon. Compared to genuine leather, these are typically lighter. They are also less expensive. Unfortunately, these are not as durable as the leather ones. On their own, they are not waterproof. Manufacturing companies might need to add a special coating or material to keep them waterproof. On the other hand, they are great for vegans.
Which One Should You Get?
Cheap But Durable: Northwest Territory Mens Inuvik Fully Waterproof Lace Up Walking Boots. These boots might not have the most popular name out there and may come with a cheap price tag, but they are actually comfortable, lightweight and durable. They hold up well against a lot of wear.
Waterproof: Hi-Tec Men’s Eurotrek III Waterproof High Rise Hiking Boots. Get these boots if you are looking for something that can protect your feet from mud and puddle. These are great as an all-around pair of walking boots. They provide a good amount of comfort and support to the feet as well.
Superior Traction: Karrimor KSB Orkney III Ladies Weathertite. These stylish boots are perfect for women who have an active outdoor life. These are perfect for walking but also for hiking and many other outdoor activities. The traction it offers will give you the confidence you need to take those difficult steps.
Great Style: Northwest Trek Women’s Waterproof Leather Lace Up Walking Boots. If you prefer something more stylish, get this pair. It comes in different colours and it features nubuck leather, so it looks a bit like suede. Aside from being stylish, it is also reliable when it comes to comfort and durability.
Tips When Deciding Which Leather Walking Boots to Get
It can be hard to make a decision when choosing from seemingly amazing pairs of walking boots. But here are a few tips that you can use to help you narrow down your options and ultimately choose the one suitable for your needs:
Take Your Personal Preferences Into Account
If you intend to use your walking boots only on smoother surfaces or paved grounds, you can get away with a simple and inexpensive pair of boots that provide a good level of traction. However, if you know that you are going to use it for hiking and for traversing muddy roads and wet grass, something that has a good rubber sole with a technology that can prevent you from slipping is a good option.
Choose Those with a Wider Base
This will make it easier for you to find a pair of socks that will go with it. Socks can help protect your feet from blisters and can also enhance your comfort while walking. If you plan on wearing thicker socks, go for those with a wider base to ensure your feet will still fit in it.
Go for Those with Waterproof Features
Genuine leather is naturally resistant to water. However, make sure you look for those that have more superior waterproof functions if you do a lot of trekking and hiking in addition to walking. This is to ensure that your boots and feet won’t get soaking wet when you get caught under torrential rain.
Choose a pair that has breathable features
Also think about the comfort of your feet during the summer season. If you plan on using your boots that time, make sure heat won’t accumulate inside the boots and cause your feet to become sweaty. Breathable features also allow better ventilation, so your feet stay nice and dry.
Pick Lightweight Boots
Leather boots tend to be heavier than your average footwear. Leather, after all, is a naturally heavy material. However, you would want to compare weight to ensure that you are not getting a pair that weighs a ton and feels like lead. Go for those with less bulk and has a nice profile. They are usually lighter and easier to wear.
What to Do Next?
Now that you know all these, make sure you choose the pair of boots suitable for your needs. All the products we featured earlier are good options.
You can also check out our homepage to find more outdoor products that you might want to buy. From camping tents to thermal undergarments, we can help you find the best ones that will work for your specific needs.