Are skandika tents any good?
Skandika is known to manufacture one of the widest ranges of tents and outdoor camping essentials. Ranging from smaller tents for a small family of 4 to larger ones that can accommodate 12 or more people, there are lots of options to choose from. There are also tents that come with 2 berths. So if you ask- are skandika tents any good? Yes they are. They have a very good reputation among the campers.
How would a skandika outdoor tent perform in a bad weather?
When it comes to weather protection, no matter which skandika outdoor tent you choose, all of them perform great. Different tents come with different water column ratings. You can choose one based on the type of weather you would predominantly encounter at your camping sites. There are those that come with 5000mmwater column offering extra protection from wet weather. So you can stay safe and dry inside your tent thus giving skandika tents a score of 5 on a scale of 5 in terms of weather protection.
How often would you be looking for skandika tent spares?
Skandika tents are pretty durable. These tents in addition to being roomy also come with durable material for the tents. Buying skandika tent spares is not a very tough jobs. You would be able to get them at many of the popular camping equipment and tent spares suppliers. But you would not be looking for these spares very often. So another 5 out of 5 for these tents in terms of the durability.
Skandika tent awning and other features:
Among the many types of tents that skandika offers, there are those that come with awning as well. If you are looking for a skandika tent awning for your truck you would be able to find one directly from the manufacturer’s site or even with other popular online retailers.There are those that come with dedicated sleeping pods and larger roomier interiors. And they all come with great ventilation and accessibility options. So in terms of the overall features that skandika tents offer, they can be given a 5 on a scale of 5.
Skandika family tents- what you might love or hate about them:
- Variety of options: Talking about skandika in general this is one of the major advantage it offers from other tent makers. Be it a small 4 person tent you are looking for or a large one for a bigger group of 12 people, in each size category, you get various models to choose from.
- Freestanding and awning types: Depending on your requirement, you also get free standing tents as well as those with awning to quickly tether to your truck.
- Roomy: All of the tents from skandika come with roomy interiors that prevent you from feeling congested and claustrophobic.
- Lighting and ventilation: These camps are designed to allow light when you do not want your camp to be dark. They also come with more than one entrances to offer better ventilation as well.
- Ease of set up: Most of skandika camps are known for their fuss free setting up process.
- Awnings aren’t perfect: The awnings that the manufacturer offers might not always be perfect. With some trucks, it fits with a little amount of gap which might not be a great choice especially in bad weather conditions.
- Not all of them are compact: The larger variants of the tents are roomy and at the same time also large when packed. This might make it difficult to fit them along with the awning and the accessories in a smaller car like say a hatch back.
How are the overall skandika tents customer reviews?
Ever since skandika started making tents, it has gained steady popularity. Most customers acclaim the durability of the tents. This makes them great long term investments. Customers also love the extra roomy cabin space these tents offer. Another fact that stands out from the skandika tents customer reviews is that there are not many options when it comes to larger tents for larger people.
Even the options you get might not come with an ample number of features like the skandika tents do. This gives them an edge over the other similar players in this market. Based on the average customer ratings, if we have to score skandika tents, they can get 4 out of 5.
Talking about the best skandika tents UK
Talking about skandika teepee tents- the Skandika Tipii 300:
Skandika Tipii 300
This is a large tent which can comfortably accommodate 9 to 12 people. Teepee structured houses have been popular for ages. One of the main positives of such tents is the headroom it offers- these tents are really tall.
- All season- They act as a great shield against wind and rains during rough weather. These tents also offer one of the best ventilation options making them great for summers as well. They thus make great all-weather tents.
- Wind resistance- The unique teepee design greatly withstands rough winds.
- Versatile tent- Drawing inspirations from the primitive outdoor house designs the Tipii 300 is just perfect for a large group to comfortably camp. On the looks segment too, it scores high thanks to the vintage charm it comes with.
- Not fire resistant- the tent material is not fire-resistant. Other than that, the overall strength of the material is pretty tough.
- Headroom- 9.84 ft. This really tall tent offers one of the most spacious interiors.
- Water column- 3000mm- for the flysheet | 5000mm- for floor
- Tent outer material- PU coated 150D polyester
The best skandika 4 man tents- Skandika Saturn 4:
Skandika Saturn Four Man Tent
4-man tents are those that can accommodate upto 4 people inside the tent. This is an ideal tent size. This can make a great choice for an average sized family.
- Roomy-These skandika 4 man tents are large, roomy and measure 200 cm in height on the inside. So you would never feel congested like you might in most tents! This tent comes in a spacious 4-berth design.There is a porch which is great for lounging on an evening. There is a living area with enough storage options as well. There is a dedicated sleeping area with a removable central partition. This can come in handy when you wish to create two separate sleeping areas in your tent.
- Groundsheet- The groundsheet comes sewn-in. So you can be assured of the best protection from wet ground, insects and the likes that might trouble you if your tent doesn’t have a good ground sheet.
- Ventilation- The tough durable material of the tent is also breathable. This would ensure that you do not feel too hot inside the tent. The sleeping area as well as the main entrance come with a mesh to keep smaller insects away while offering good ventilation on warmer days.
- Water column- 5000mm. This means that even for the rough British weather, this tent makes a good choice.
- Extras- hook to hang lantern on the roof, skylight window on the roof for those nights you need some extra light.
- Poles- the poles are strong, flexible and tough, made of fiberglass. The vertical poles at the entrance are made of steel.
The best skandika 6 man tents- Skandika Gotland:
Versatile and roomy, this is a 6-berth tent great for a family camping trip. With the features and the build quality much like the Skandika Saturn 4, this one comes with 200 cm headroom within the tent. So you can easily move around the tent without a trouble.
- Ease of setting up- Like most of skandika tents, this one is pretty easy to set up. You can quickly put up the tent without a hassle.
- Versatile roomy interiors- There is a dedicated living are which can instantly be utilized for extra storage space or for extra sleeping space as and when required.
- Lot of windows with mesh- To keep the temperature inside the tent cool while also keeping insects away, these skandika 6 man tents come with mesh lining for the window openings at the rear, as well as in the sleeping area and main entrance.
- Extras- organizer pockets, hook for lantern on the roof of the tent, rollable central divider at the sleeping pod.
- The centrally located living room also features the main entrance which can be held upright using two poles. This can come in handy if you are looking for more air or light inside your tent while also offering shielding against the direct sun.
The best skandika 8 man tents- Skandika Montana 8:
Skandika Montana 8
When we talk about skandika 8 man tents, the Montana 8 is one of the most popular choices. This comes as an 8-berth tent ideal for 7 to 8 people.
- Wind resistance- this tent offers one of the best in class wind resistance.
- The large rooms- The living area in this tent is centrally located. It is a large well lit room which can be used as an extra storage space if required. There are 2 sleeping areas on either sides of the living room. The sleeping areas also come with central dividers to quickly make 4 sleeping areas when required.
- Similar to the other skandika tents, this one comes with mesh lined entrances and window openings making it great for a warmer night. It also comes with a sturdy water proof outer material and groundsheet for the wet climate.
- Fire resistant- The outer material of this tent besides being durable, is also fire-resistant. This improves the longevity of the tent. So it is sure to make a great long term investment for all your camping trips.
Talking about cheap skandika tents- Skandika Daytona XXL family tent:
Skandika Daytona XXL Family
If you are looking for a no-fuss easy to set up family tent which is also spacious and cheap, this one is a great option. It offers several features that the other skandika tents offer at a much lower price. This makes it a great investment for a family. It can conveniently fit up to 6 people.
- Ease of set-up- The tent comes with poles which are color coded. This makes the setting up process even simpler. The poles are made of sturdy fiber glass which is both flexible and shatter proof.
- Roomy- like most skandika family tents, this one comes with a large living area. The entrance flap at the living area can be held up-right to allow more light while the flap acts as a sunroof. The inner height of the tent is 195 cm. This means that even a tall person can conveniently walk across the tent without a hurdle.
- Exterior material- The outer material of the tent comes with a unique PU coating. It is water proof as well as UV resistant. So it blocks out UV rays thus allowing you to rest inside the camp even under the scorching sun without a worry. The material of the tent comes with a water column of 3000mm. This intermediate rating is great for a mid-level weather resistance for a family tent.
- There is a groundsheet included for the living area. This means that you can be safely shielded from wet ground and crawling insects.
The final verdict from skandika tents review:
Skandika tents come with a great weather reistant outer material which makes them fair well in rough wet weather. For most of the models, there is a groundsheet included with the package. So even in wild areas you can be shielded from crawlies and wet grounds. For those that do not come with groundsheet, getting one is pretty simple too.
For more rugged tents, skandika also makes many models with fire-resistant outer material. This means that you can be sure about the safety of your family inside skandika tents. Most of these tents come with dedicated spaces for living room and porch.
So you can feel at home even in the wildest jungle. And at night, you can also conveniently accommodate more people if required at any time. With such versatile features, these easy to set up tents are also available at competitive prices. This makes Skandika tents a great choice for campers.