Why do you need camping heaters?
Camping is an outdoor recreational activity which combines fun with learning. It helps one to grow, be more productive, enhances creativity and happiness. The difference between camping and other recreational activities such as picnics, trekking, hiking is that camping necessarily includes a minimum stay of overnight in the wilderness. Essentials things to carry for camping are:
Shelter needs: Since it includes staying overnight in the open, carrying a tent becomes important. Ropes, tarps etc. should also be carried to secure the tent.
Nourishment needs: A portable stove, matchsticks, lighters, ready to eat foods or specific food packets, pan to boil water, knife, potable drinking water etc.
Safety needs: Torch light, head torch light, first aid kit, repairing tools for tent, maps, compass etc.
Insulation needs: Whether you are outdoor in colder or warmer places it tends to be colder during nights in open places. Carrying warmer clothes, jackets, gloves, socks, skull caps etc. is beneficial. Carrying a camping heater also helps in regulating heat in the camps during chilly nights.
Benefits of tent heater for camping:
Camping usually includes an overnight stay in open natural spaces. This helps in relaxing and garnering a new experience. But one of the major problems encountered during camping is cold environment especially during the nights. In worse conditions this may also lead to frost bite. To regulate body temperature campers usually carry insulated clothes or try hot water packs. These methods are not foolproof. A tent heater is portable and ensures warmth throughout the camping period eliminating any cold weather risks.
Optimal size and weight:
While buying weight and size are important factors that should be considered, because:
Camping usually includes travel to remote locations which may require walking or trekking to reach, carrying a heavy tent heater becomes difficult.
Large products occupy huge space in the tent which makes the stay uncomfortable.
Hence a lighter and compact tent heater is preferred for outdoor activities.
Is a camping gas heater a good choice?
- Most popular.
- Convenient to use and carry.
- Works on portable propane cylinders which are easily available.
- Does not require electric supply.
- Raises safety concerns due to presence of flame.
- Cannot be used for the duration of the whole stay.
There are different types of tent heating systems but the most widely used is gas tent heater. These ones use propane cylinders of different volume to function.
Is an electric camping heater ideal for tents?
Electric camping heaters consist of a filament that is used to convert electrical energy into heat energy. It comes with a cord and needs and active power supply to work.
- Extremely safe to use since it doesn’t consist a flame reducing the risk of fire breakout.
Does not emit foul smell.
The electric heater does not require additional equipment such as cylinders to carry.
- Could only be used in campsites where electric supply is available.
- The power voltage requirements might not match with the one available in the campsites.
- Poses a huge risk of electrocution if placed on ground or at places where water can come in contact.
Understanding why you need a camping heater for tent is important:
Although camping is supposed to be an outdoor activity, and something that is more of a back to basics kind of thing, these days, you can have all the comforts of home in your tent / trailer, and camp in peace. In this regard, camping heating system have become an indispensable part of outdoor activities. They are extremely useful and make sure that you can camp out no matter what the weather.
- Makes it possible to camp in colder temperatures.
- Helps in avoiding frost bites and other cold related ailments.
- Cumbersome to carry.
- Safety concerns due to heating elements and flame.
- Extreme cold temperatures might affect performance.
11 Tips for Finding Best Camp Heaters in UK:
Depending on the campsite selected we should select a item. If electricity is provided as a resource at the campsite electric ones should be selected.
They are of two types:
Fan based: These are dual purpose products that also come with a cooling option for warm summer days. Its main drawback being noise created by the fan blades.
Filament based: These are items that use heating filament to generate and radiate heat throughout the tent.
Electric typed product usually require a long cord.
We should buy an extension cord for optimal use.
In more remote campsites where electricity is not provided gas tent heating system prove to be the best choice.
These gas items use butane or propane gas canisters to power the heating.
One canister lasts for about 2.5 hours.
Gas type generate flame hence it requires more maintenance.
Some gas tent heaters are only meant for outdoor use, these should not be used inside the tents,
Ventilation is also mandatory for gas camp products.
By comparing the campsite specifications with our requirements we can easily chose our best camp heater.
How To Find The Best Camping Heater In Uk?
Try it out today!
TOPFLAME PORTABLE GAS CAMP heater
This isone of the best camping tent heater. It comes with a built-in ceramic heating filament which is powered by butane cylinders. Normally comes with 8 canisters of butane.
Quickly heats up enclosed areas such as tents. One butane canister supplies heat for 2.5 hours approximate. Having sufficient canisters makes a comfortable night stay at a camp.
Easy to carry since it is light weighing around 3kg. Has a sturdy body which makes it apt for outdoor use?
Quite affordable, lower prices than most of the camping tent product available in the market.
- Neither child or pet friendly.
- Extra canisters should be carried to avoid disrupted service.
- Height: 30 cm
- Width: 28 cm
- Depth: 20 cm
- Weight: 2.5 kg
- Generates adequate heat for a tent.
- Cartridges last longer than expected.
- Overall pleasant experience.
Why is a portable camping heater better?
Portable Gas Heater by marksman
The Product is another compact and portable coming gas product is from marksman that works on butane canisters. This item is designed primarily for outdoor use.
- Height: 30 cm
- Width: 28 cm
- Depth: 20 cm
- Weight: 2.2 kg
- Extremely light weight and compact in size which makes it easier to carry.
- Has inbuilt temperature control and child guard.
- Butane canisters are easily available in stores.
- Butane canisters do not come with the product and have to be bought separately.
- Requires ventilation and hence extra care should be taken for use inside the tent.
- Easy to ignite.
- Requires ventilation.
- One canister lasts for the whole evening.
Yes, there are heaters for tents.
QUEST LOW WATTAGE FAN HEATER
The product is the better option inside tents because:
It is an electric type.
The fun of camping depends on the weather of the location decided to camp. Even if the weather forecast is checked beforehand, it could not be trusted. Weather fluctuations are extremely common for campers.
A warm weather in the day can turn extremely cold in the night and vice versa. Quest low wattage fan product counters this problem by being dual i.e. it consists of a heating system as well as fan.
- Height: 23 cm
- Width: 14 cm
- Depth: 28 cm
- Weight: 0.50 kg
- Has both cooling and heating function with temperature control options.
- Quest Low wattage fan heater is lightweight and extremely portable.
Consumes less wattage of electricity that makes it useful to comply with wattage requirements of different campsites.
- Cannot be used at campsites without electric supply.
- Needs an extra extension cord.
- Is a bit nosier especially while using the cold fan.
- Lightweight, easy to carry.
- Could be used in both warmer and colder environments.
- Cost effective.
What about a portable heater for camping instead?
Lloytron F2003WH British Standard BEAB Approved 2000 W Fan Heater
Lloytron F2003WH British Standard BEAB Approved 2000 W Fan item proves to be useful as a portable for camping. This portable item for outdoor activities is again a fan based electric type which could be used for both heating and cooling purposes. It is designed ergonomically to be used both horizontally and vertically.
- Height: 30 cm
- Width: 22cm
- Depth: 12 cm
- Weight: 1.5 kg
- Extremely compact and portable to use due to its ergonomic design.
- Has fewer, uncomplicated controls.
- Comes with a 1.5 M cord which reduces the necessity of buying extension cords. Also has anti-freeze protection.
- Is a bit noisier.
- Powerful heating capacity.
- Design flexibility helps in placement.
- Works for both summers and winters.
With its compatible design, two different heat concentrations and cooling option for summer nights is a great option for a camping portable product.
A heater for camping is a necessity
Kampa – Hottie Portable Camping Heater
The Kampa product is a portable item powered by an easily available P220 self-sealing cartridge. It is an excellent product ideal for all outdoor activities. It comes with a 1.2 kW ceramic burner.
- Height: 26 cm
- Width: 30 cm
- Depth: 13cm
- Self-ignition with built in pressure safety design.
- Sturdy exterior suitable for outdoor wear and tear.
- Carrying handle included for easy transport.
- P-220 canisters though easily available are not included with the product.
Needs ventilation hence tent should be bought compatible.
- Ignition is hassle free
- Portable to use
- Easily adjust intensity of heat.
Perhaps getting a gas camping heater is a better idea
Yellowstone Portable Gas Heater Multi-Colour
Outdoor gas camping heating system a portable gas product that uses butane canisters to heat up the heating filament and generate heat.
- Height: 26 cm
- Width: 13 cm
- Depth: 30 cm
- Weight: 2.5 kg
Safety locking mechanism, which means it, will stop working if it accidental falls down to avoid fire accidents.
- Safety guard for kids and pets.
- Variable temperature control.
- After use the body remains to be hot in temperature which requires careful handling.
- Butane gas cartridges are not available with the product.
- Doesn’t make much noise.
- Provides good amount of heat.
- A Canister generates heat for about two hours.
Is an electric type the best solution?
Kampa Diddy Portable Heater
This item is better because the Kampa Diddy is a compact, relatively small yet powerful portable choice.
- Height: 22 cm
- Widht: 17 cm
- Depth: 9.5 cm
- Weight: 1.0 kg
- Lightweight easy to assemble with camping essentials.
- Energy efficient with two heat settings 750 W and 1500 W.
- Instant produce of heat through fan.
- Doesn’t come with a longer cord.
- Grill becomes hot after use; care should be taken during handling.
- Compact and comfortable saves space.
- Cut off feature is the highlight for safety.
- Generates good amount of heat for its small size.
What is the Best camping heater in the market?
The Quest Slimline Portable Electric Heater
The Quest Slimline Portable Electric Heater is an electric type that uses two filaments to radiate heat at once, It gets warm faster than other similar ones.
- Warms up quickly and radiates heat efficiently using two power settings of 400 w and 800 w.
- Slimmer design which makes it easier to carry and store.
Safety feature that switches off as soon as it tips over.
- Due to its slim and light weight design it easily gets knocked off which doesn’t raise safety concerns due to its safety tip off feature, but still can be an inconvenience during windy days.
- Height: 40 cm
- Width: 30 cm
- Depth: 10 cm
- Radiates heat well without an inbuilt fan.
- Generates heat quickly.
- Slim design is convenient for packing and storing.