Rab Men's Andes 800 review
More info about Rab Men's Andes 800
The Rab Andes sleeping bags are similar to the Expedition range, in terms of the warmth they provide, but their shape is more performance orientated. This increases warmth-to-weight and reduces pack size. The Rab Andes 800 is a mummy shaped version that is slightly warmer than some other bags, but quite lightweight at the same time. This performance is achieved by using the most efficient down, so you get 800+ fill power down, made up of 90 per cent down and just 10 per cent feather. This down is then treated to make it water-resistant, so it absorbs less water, retains more heat when damp and dries faster.
- Pertex Endurance nylon is used on the outside of the bag to also enhance water resistance while maintaining breathability.
- Compression stuffsack available to pack up the Rab Andes sleeping bags when you leave.
- Full-length zip with a very wide insulated baffle plus a huge shoulder baffle for better comfort in the cold.
- The bag can be used up to 8000m altitude or on exposed belays, in temperatures as low as -22°C.
- Longitudinal foot and chest baffles to minimise down migration and incorporated with internal Flowgate technology respectively.